Sign in to follow this  
Guest Paul Heaney

GlobalFlyer overwriting FS9 files?

Hi GuysI downloaded the freeware Virgin Atlantic GlobalFlyer (thanks aeroplaneheaven.com.) and the install programme wants to overwrite write protected files but doesn't say what they are. Is this safe or is there any way of finding out which files they are in order to back them up??Many thanksGerry

I flew it around without a problem. Neat airplane. My PC didnt complain about files...but Im using XP Home, which isnt as fussy as XP Pro.

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi there. Could you browse it to a folder you've created and open it there. Then you can check it all out first-e.g Everything I download I bring to a briefcase and open there

Gerry, I downloaded and installed but it did not say anything about over-writing files or anything. Could it maybe be a virus-protection program that you have maybe? I also have Windowsxp pro embedded in MME(Microsoft media Edition) 2005.Happy Landings!Danny

Thanks guys. I took the suggestion and opened the file in another folder and installed it manually. No problems.

Guest Paul Heaney

Does it come complete with its own fuel leak, like the real thing? :(

Guest dcreeves_2000

>Does it come complete with its own fuel leak, like the real>thing? :(>Actually it did, at least in FS2004, I had to email them about it because there was only 13000 lbs max fuel at loadout, so it had a slightly worse fuel leak than the real thing ;)It's fixed now on their website though...I've put a flightplan digitized from their GPS tracking data in the library today as well, FWIW...Dave