Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabrielR

As real as it gets. I thought I should fly level d but....

The fantastic Dynamic weather system based on realistic atmospheric physics, with true three-dimensional clouds that form and dissipate, and automatic real-world weather updates when you're connected to the Internet does not work.Any solutions? The weather loads only to 77% an then crashes the FS9!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/108527.jpgAbove the only real world weather allowed today.Then the FS9 crashed.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/108528.jpg

That happened to me when I installed DXT HiFps clouds from Fs Sky World. Try to restore the default clouds and weather texture in FS9, and see what happens.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Also to try--enable "Render to Texture" in your display/hardware settings...-John

also you could delete fs9.cfg and let fs rebuild it - same thing happened to me once.regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark

Only other thing I can think of is real weather loads the data into a file--it's kept in the same folder tree that the fs9.cfg is stored in. I don't remember the name, but if you search the folder tree and sort everything by date order, you may be able to identify it. I recall seeing something like this when downloading real weather. I deleted the file, and was able to download. Just a guess--I don't use real weather or dynamic weather that often since I have a slow system and the real and dynamic weather really thickens up the cloud deck--thus lowering my msfs performance.-John

Yes thats the wxstationlist_file. I have deleted that one, - does not help. Must be a "main" problem in Fs9.

Could be a problem with the way FS9 is installed or working on your system. This is not a common problem so I wouldn't consider it a bug.Why don't you post the rest of your system specs--O/S, CPU--the works. Maybe someone will see something that can steer them towards helping you.-John

Still doesn't mean it's a bug--especially since the thread has no follow-up. If you want help, post your specs and as I said, maybe something will catch someone's eye. Also remember, real weather is being downloaded from an external source. It is quite likely that sometimes the data can get corrupt--could even be spyware on the downloader's system corrupting the data as it comes in.If you really want expert help, download HijackThis, run a scan, and post the log results here. Could be something going on in the background that you're unaware of thats trashing the weather data and causing FS9 to CTD.-John

Takes me back then to my hunch that these random issues may be caused by bad data in the Real Weather feed. I don't know if there's anyway around that.Wonder how common the problem really is? That would determine if it's unstable or just plain bad luck.-John

Guest Caveman

So... What kind of performance hit comes from using the realistic weather option? I'd assume that after the initial download finishes then no performance hit?

Guest GabrielR

No, actually there is where the real performance issue begins, clouds being drawn on the Screen take a lot of resources.Best choice: Get Active Sky (Payware) and ActiveSky HiFPS (Freeware) you would not go back, and the performance issue is smaller.