Sign in to follow this  
VT-AXV

How do you get the landing gear to (purposely) twist on the Project Airbus A320?

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member and I'm interested in aviation and simming like the rest of you. I don't know if this is in the right forum, but this is my question. I want to do an FSX movie based on JetBlue 292, where the landing gear twisted and the A320 made an emergency landing at LAX. However, I can't figure out for the life of me how to twist the landing gear so I can reproduce it accurately. What are your suggestions? Note: If I get a different aircraft it MUST be freeware, I can't scrape up the money at present.

I suggest you go to the Project Airbus forum and ask there (http://talk.pafs.wf/). I don't know for sure if it's possible but if the model already supports turning the nosegear then someone might be able to help code a gauge to hold it in the turned position and maybe also to conditionally display some smoke/spark effects. Might also mean changing the nosegear model to allow attaching effects, or maybe the smoke system could be used.

Barry Friedman