Sign in to follow this  
virginblue737

Best Payware 787?

Hi there, 

Was just wondering on what your opinions where to the best payware 787? Like full FMS intergration ECT 

I don't think there is one yet. However Quality Wings is working on one and if the development shots say anything, it will be top shelf. I have no idea when release will be.

• Upvote 1

There are only two payware 787's available.

The Aerosim 787 is highly recommended, it's a basic aircraft, but you do have all 'default' functions in a reasonably well replicated virtual cockpit (FMC, stc.)

The other 787 is the Abacus Dreamliner offering, DO NOT BUY IT!

QualityWings is developing an indepth 787, but it's been TBD for years. So if you want 787 now, Aerosim's really the only game.

Actually there are three, AFS Design 787 also exists. Based on pics & experience from their other products I would say it's rather similar to Abacus one, don't buy it. 

I would recommend waiting for Qualitywings 787 as it's going to be the first 787 simulation with proper system modeling and all, however if you can't wait & are happy with default level of systems go for Aerosim. It at least looks rather good unlike Abacus / AFS design. 

The Aerosim 787 is highly recommended, it's a basic aircraft, but you do have all 'default' functions in a reasonably well replicated virtual cockpit (FMC, stc.)

The other 787 is the Abacus Dreamliner offering, DO NOT BUY IT!

QualityWings is developing an indepth 787, but it's been TBD for years. So if you want 787 now, Aerosim's really the only game.

I have the Aerosim 747 and I very pleased with it so I am planning on purchasing the 787. Yes, I am not really sure when the QW 787 will be ready, and by the time it is released who knows how long before some of the 1st. level essential bugs are ironed out. Given what I have seen I am sure it will be a great model but I really can't wait either.

the QW could be released today...

?

Aamir Thacker

the QW could be released today...

I read this as "Remember that the QW 787 is still in development". Their Q3 2014 Status Update states:

I would LOVE to promise 1st half 2015, and while that is certainly a possibility...we have quite a few hurdles that we must overcome. [...] Let's see where we are with the Qtr 4 update for 2014. We should know more by then.

Source: http://qwsim.flight1.net/forums/qualitywings-status-update-3q2014_topic4011&FID=34&PR=3.html, dated September 30

I honestly don't think the Facebook post is relevant, it sounds rather sarcastic to me, and even more so in the context of the above quote.

I am perfectly happy flying my QW 757 until the 787 is ready, but I do have a concern about QW.... I saw a post stating that they have dropped their tagline "Complexity Simplified"...... and I LIKE the CS approach...so I hope the 787 isn't going to be too complex for my simple brain!

Jay

Bumping a thread from 2014 only proves QW will never release the 787 they've been 'developing' for over 2 years now.

Bumping a thread from 2014 only proves QW will never release the 787 they've been 'developing' for over 2 years now.

and no offical update in nearly 300 days

I think this counts as an official update. I also think it is a bit far along to become vaporware.

http://flightsimcentral.net/need-know-quality-wings-787/

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad