Sign in to follow this  
oskrypuch

Feelthere ERJ 145 PIC - much better than freeware Proje...

I used to use the Grabowski ERJ panel and the planes from Project ERJ (is that the correct name? Anyhow, you know which one I mean). Now I've seen quite a bit of news about the Feelthere ERJ 145 PIC - is it that much better? Really worth it? I really like sophisticated add-on planes (PSS, PMDG, will try Level D today or tomorrow...), so is this worth it? It's not for the money, I was just wondering how big the difference was.Thanks for any thoughts.Chris

Guest oyvindhansen

The Grabowski panel is very good, but there is a definite difference. Feelthere gauges are much smoother, there's a lot more details on the visual model, virtual cockpit and interior, very good flight dynamics,and last but not least an FMC. A nice package!If it's worth paying $35 for it is up to you. I had a slight "Is this all?"-feeling, but that's probably because I had just bought the similarly priced Flight 1 ATR which seemed more complex. -

How is the image quality on both the 2D and VC? I am using POSKY/SKYDECKS CRJ and while I love it, it is pretty simplistic, with no TCAS, no FMC, etc. I love this range of jet, and I wonder if this ERJ from FeelThere would really be much better. Again, image quality on 2D and VC? I really appreciate clear, hi res gauges and text, for these old diabetic eyes of mine.Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Guest Peter Sidoli

NoelGo get the ERJ145 pic The aircraft is really superb and gives a "I am really there" feeling.Framerates are excellent as is VC and 2D clarity. You may have to call up and resize the 2d popups for the diplays if you have bad eyesight but this is easely done with a click on the VC displays.What i like with this aircraft is the operational useability and the fact that everything is easely at hand to operate the aircraft while keeping a good outside visual.Flight dynamics in the air are excellent. Hand flown the aircraft is precise and using the flight director only is very satisfying.My only minor gripe is a little too much supension movement and sensitivity for ground operations but this doesnt detract from the overall flight model.Highly recommended ;-)Peter

And official website for this product?EDIT: Ok. found it.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

Hopefully, I'll have better luck soon. I bought it, installed it, and all I get is no glass gauges and an FS crash and restart. Uninstalled it, restalled it with SP1b or whatever it was, same issue. Hopefully they will fix this quick. My machine runs all software very well. This one ain't working!@Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I have, and very much like the Grabowski ERJ panel/models. When I need a regional jet, that is what I load up.I did buy the Feelthere CRJ, and was disappointed. Sure nice visual model, but the DOCs are virtually non-existent, and the FMC is not quite there, for example there is no way to add a new waypoint, or to change a STAR if ATC throws you a fast one at the last minute.I very seldom use it. I voiced my concerns to Feelthere, who said to speak to the publisher, and vice versa.I looked at the ERJ, but then thought, no not again.Should I look at it again? Is the FMC really full functional for navigation (like the PMDG), are the DOCs substantially better?* Orest-~~~~~~~~~Orest SkrypuchCYFD - Canadavirtual.united.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Guest ryebred

The FMC is fully functional for navigation on the ERJ. You can easily add/edit waypoints. If you want to take a look at the documentation you can do that without purchasing the product. Go to their ERJ website at http://www.iemit.com/fas/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=411At the bottom is all the documentation for this aircraft.Ryan

Well, at least there are some DOCs, though a little sketchy, seem to cover most of the territory. The FMC does look much better on the ERJ.Does the EHSI show the green arc where it expects you to reach the altitude set in the MCP? Does the FMC handle altitude restrictions? If not, then what does it base its TOD calculations on?Are there AIRAC downloads available from navdata.at, I only noticed the Feelthere *C*RJ listed there, do they use the same database format?Thanks much for the info ...* Orest-~~~~~~~~~Orest Skrypuchvirtual.united.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com

Guest Keyser Soze

Hi,I own this add-on and I must say YES to all of your questions. It's a nice add-on, fully comparable to PMDG 737NG or PSS Airbuses.

Guest _ak

MFD have TOD/TOC symbols on map if you programmed FMSFMS have altitude, speed and descent angle restrictions, hovewer this FMS when installed to ERJ, it makes VNAV calculations but it can't drive autopilot. This is real thing behavior and called advisory VNAV.

"I have, and very much like the Grabowski ERJ panel/models. When I need a regional jet, that is what I load up. I did buy the Feelthere CRJ, and was disappointed. Sure nice visual model, but the DOCs are virtually non-existent, and the FMC is not quite there, for example there is no way to add a new waypoint, or to change a STAR if ATC throws you a fast one at the last minute." I have both the free ERJ, and the Wilco CRJ, and have had the FeelThere ERJ for 4 days now. I know what you mean about the CRJ, I was very disappointed in it, but went ahead and got the ERJ. It really is a big improvement. My only complaints are two: as someone else mentioned I've found the steering on the ground, especially in TO to be too sensitive; I'll try and tweak that myself. Also, watch how long you keep the APU on as it can lead to a fuel imbalance as it drains fuel from only one side. IF anyone has a way to rebalance the fuel load I'd appreciate knowing. Mike

Guest _ak

APU burns fuel from right tank like real thing (if cross feed is off).There is fuel cross feed knob on overhead, so you can force to use only left or only right tank

Well, it looks like I should put the FT ERJ on the list, but then there is LvD 767 to consider as well.One other thing, do you use the "CRJ" data from navdata.at? There is no seperate listing for the ERJ.-~~~~~~~~~Orest Skrypuchvirtual.united.comUAL1445 Staff ORDFO

Orest Skrypuch
President & CEO, UVA

www.united-virtual.com