Sign in to follow this  
AKStirling

Struggling with 'alt sel'

Hi ...

i am running the program with the Carenado Kingair ... after asking the CP to set altitude i then need to have him set the 'alt sel' option in the AP to have the plane level off at the selected altitude ... however i am struggling to find a phrase to do this ... is there a command you can suggest??

Alan

Hi ...

i am running the program with the Carenado Kingair ... after asking the CP to set altitude i then need to have him set the 'alt sel' option in the AP to have the plane level off at the selected altitude ... however i am struggling to find a phrase to do this ... is there a command you can suggest??

Alan

try...

altitude hold on

altitude mode on

alt hold on

try...

altitude hold on

altitude mode on

alt hold on

Just by the way, I don't fly the Kingair but I do fly the PMDG Jetstream J41.

On the j41 the "altsel" is specifically supported with the "altsel" command.

Also after requesting the next altitude, the first officer will automatically add "ALTSEl" to the flow. This is a function of the specific support MCE gives to the J41.  However you could try the command in the King air.

If "ALTSEl" wont work its probably outside of FSX native commands, which the King Air will be using, and needs a specific support.

I know Alt Hold and Alt Mode in the J41 will not select the altsel function.

Let us know how you get on. 

Best Regards

David

David ...

I have the JS41 and like the way the altitude selection works ...In fact I like virtually everything about that particular plane ... I suppose part of it's a natural built-in bias as I'm a Scot and it's a Scottish built plane as you will know .... to return to the subject in hand with the Kingair its a no-go, so I think its a case of going back to the bad old horse and buggy days of pulling down the pop-up and mouse clicking on the button ... not sure if I'll cope. ...

regards

Alan

P.S. a thought has just filtered down from the ether that I could work around it using a mouse macro a la FSUIPC ... then use Voxscript to set-up the command ... we shall see!

P.S. a thought has just filtered down from the ether that I could work around it using a mouse macro a la FSUIPC ... then use Voxscript to set-up the command

If you can setup key combinations to trigger stuff with KingAir (FSUIPC or other), you could use Voxkey tool to create your own voice command, say "alt sel" and bind it to the existing key combination.

Tried going down the mouse macro route but no luck ... guess the KA panel is xml ... i understand Linda works for button pushes  ... might be worth investigating ...

Hello Alan,

Aha, I have an affinity with that lovely northern land also and an affinity with the Jetstream, as you may have seen in my last couple of videos, Tayside Aviation gets a plug! B) "Start n Push" and "Chipmunk" videos!

I know nothing about "Linda" or Xml. The Vox Key does not always furnish results if the key press is not native FSX, so perhaps there is this deeper reason!

Altsel works well in MCE J41, which you will know already since you fly the aircraft. However its got the direct MCE support for "Altsel". Incidentally after you ask FO for an altitude she/he will dial it, then press Altsel. If Altsel is already selected, FO will de-select it with the push....! Takes an observant Captain to spot it, but a verbal "Altsel" or a good old mouse push will re select it!

Sometimes a good old button push is the only way. :P

Cheers

David