Sign in to follow this  
Farlis

Does Leveld 767 Have GPS?

Wow. Great suggestion. I tryed looking at that and see where it would be easy to program an FMC that way. Only thing is I planned a simple flight between 2 airports 500 miles apart using jet routes and I got like 40 way points. Whats the story with that? Do we pick and choose? 8-)

Re-read my post. I said the exterior engine sounds of the Concorde were great and the DreamFleet 727 were OK. Of course from the cockpit you can barely hear the engines or the APU in the 727.

>I enjoy the GPS because I like to look at the terrain I am>flying over, where the airports are, mountains, etc. All this>realism-nonsense is just that. You people go way over the top>in your quest for absolute realism. So what if somebody wants>to fly using the GPS? Maybe they get enjoyment out of it in a>different way, who are you to tell them what they should and>should not do? Some people don't have the hours it takes to>learn proper FMC programming, personally if you are that>addicted to realism, go out and be a pilot. And to turn the>tables... What fun do you get in programming everything and>watching the bird fly from wheels up to touchdown? That takes>little skill, anybody can read a book and press a few buttons.>You enjoy being a passenger and a programmer rather than a>PILOT? This is just a game, lets treat it like one people.If you enjoy looking at the terrain then why do you try to fly commercial jet simulations?GPS navigation with moving maps is for VFR flights in general aviation. It's just the way it is.Different type of flying. Different types of aircraft.

Guest dquarshie

I totally agree with you 100%

The Dreamfleet 727 sound set is one of the best out there. It really doesn't get any better than that. When you say they were 'O.K.', I'm at a loss of words trying to understand were your coming from... :-hmmm I wish you could take a flight on a 727 and site in first class. Maybe you'd have a different view (maybe you won't :-roll)... Joe don't take it the wrong way, some of us don't want to see you waist your money on something you won't be happy with...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

>>If you enjoy looking at the terrain then why do you try to fly>commercial jet simulations?>>GPS navigation with moving maps is for VFR flights in general>aviation. It's just the way it is.>>Different type of flying. Different types of aircraft.I will have to look up the facts later (must leave), but I do remember an investigation of two commercial airliner crashes into rising terrain, that stated that moving map GPS's would have immensly helped the pilots with their "lost" situational awareness. One was the AA 757 in South America, and the other was the Commerce Secretary Ron Brown 737 crash.edit: another one that comes to mind, is a C-130 crash into rising terrain after departure from Jackson Hole, Wyoming.I'm not familiar with the 767, as my real interest stops with business type jet aircraft, but I'm seeing more & more commercial aircraft with large moving map displays. I use a color moving map with terrain/obstacle & terrain warning...... myself.L.Adamson

I said that about the 727 because in the DF 747 forum on FLIGHTSIM I mention how I was having problems with the sounds of the DF 727. Basicly, after returning from an outside view, the cockpit sounds, particularly the ALT and nose break wheel, were uncontrolablity loud and howling. The fix I found out was to disable FULL ACELERATION in DIRECTX and use BASIC. Seems like a few of us Dell XPS owners have this problem. Also in the forum I mention how I have gaint floor standing speakers being powered by a nice 150 watt sound system and from OUTSIDE views, the Concorde's jet rumble is awesome whereas the 727's lack the low frequency component that gives you that "wow" affect. Perhaps the 727 jet sound is realistic, I don't know. It is just with a good system you can hear a marked difference between the two with the Concorde sounding better in my opinion.

If you want the GPS in the aircraft, just add it to the config file?All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

Dave - As the LDS767 has a custom AP, the GPS won't work in this aircraft.73 - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Mark McG

Joe,some of the beta testers are putting together a tutorial, including the programmeing of a flight from CYVR to KSFO in the FMC. The tutorial is being aimed at beginners with little or no experience of using an FMC in an FS aircraft. I'll post a link to it once it's released - that way you can have a quick look thru it and decide for yourself if the package is for you or not.

>I do>remember an investigation of two commercial airliner crashes>into rising terrain, that stated that moving map GPS's would>have immensly helped the pilots with their "lost" situational>awareness. One was the AA 757 in South America, and the other>was the Commerce Secretary Ron Brown 737 crash.>I'd say the reason it happened was that they didn't stick to the IFR proecdures established. But I have flown in the virtual South America and it comes in as no surprise that these accidents happen there relatively often. Well in our case we have to live with the very crude default ATC which would have vectored me right into a mountain on my approach to La Paz...

>Dave ->> As the LDS767 has a custom AP, the GPS won't work in this>aircraft.>>73 - DougHi Doug, QSLAdmitted although I haven't got it yet, I understood that the query was to use the 'GPS' for orientating purposes or, moving map.Having said that, I can't understand why anyone would want to buy this aircraft to fly it the same as freeware packages that use all the current GPS facilities as exists within the default aircraft?Maybe it's the 'candy' that comes with this exciting package that attracts the part-time simmer eh?73 from Torquay in Devon UKAll the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

>>>I do>>remember an investigation of two commercial airliner crashes>>into rising terrain, that stated that moving map GPS's would>>have immensly helped the pilots with their "lost">situational>>awareness. One was the AA 757 in South America, and the>other>>was the Commerce Secretary Ron Brown 737 crash.>>>>>I'd say the reason it happened was that they didn't stick to>the IFR proecdures established. >Fact is, airplanes crash into terrain quite frequently during IFR proceedures. Pilot is attempting to re-establish an approach and fails to keep track of altitude, or just is no longer sure of where he/she exactly is.A moving map GPS is capable of "instant situational awareness", when you don't have a second to loose. These day's you can have terrain maps, terrain warning, and IFR approach overlays at the touch of a button. Even night vision & simulated 3D topography is becoming available.L.Adamson

It is, indeed, a pretty "serious" piece of kit Dave. I would think that anyone not interested in primary systems functions, the FMC, and/or just getting a feel (as much as can be done with this sim) for "how things work" probably won't gain much from it. But, for me, it's really put some fun back into simming. Frankly, I was getting bored - again. This happens to me everytime I start thinking about what the next FSxxx version will do, forgetting just how good the current version is. I guess I just needed the folks at Level-D to remind me :-) . But it's a fairly warm day here in Georgia (all of 15C) and my grandaughter is here so I'm going to take some time off from flying and have some time with the family. It's contest weekend and my son (W4PA) is off at a multi-single operation so we're doing a bit of babysitting. Great stuff!73 - Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.