Sign in to follow this  
dwaviator

5 DIsplays, 2 nVidia Cards, 1 PC, P3D and a need for 220° FOV

G'day,

Hello! I'm embarking on a fun little adventure with a simulator for a local aero club. I need a little help, advice, admonishing for my goal of running the P3D terrain view across 5 large Plasma displays. I need to be able to do it with one mean mother of a PC and 2 graphics cards (preferably nVidia). The stick paty here is that it needs to be 5 REAL, and separate views that combined will give me 220° FOV forwards and to the sides. I need to know that it can be done, and maybe a nudge in the right direction to get me started. Cheers and thanks for the help! :)

Dave

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "P3D Tips and Tricks" to "The Prepar3d General Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Sounds like fun! I suggest using just three HDTVs with the two side views set at the straight left and right view positions - each set at a zoom of 0.6. Then a single Nvidia 770 or equiv and an I7 at 4 GHz and medium settings will give you 40 fps. The fourth port can provide a separate instrument display below the center HDTV. This setup will provide over 200 degrees of FOV with low distortion except that the horizon will bend up and down with pitch change. NVSurround will give much higher FPS but less FOV and more distortion. I like to be able to see when to turn base.

PC=9700K@5Ghz+RTX2070  VR=HP Reverb|   Software = Windows 10 | Flight SIms = P3D, CAP2, DCS World, IL-2,  Aerofly FS2

Sounds like fun! I suggest using just three HDTVs with the two side views set at the straight left and right view positions - each set at a zoom of 0.6. Then a single Nvidia 770 or equiv and an I7 at 4 GHz and medium settings will give you 40 fps. The fourth port can provide a separate instrument display below the center HDTV. This setup will provide over 200 degrees of FOV with low distortion except that the horizon will bend up and down with pitch change. NVSurround will give much higher FPS but less FOV and more distortion. I like to be able to see when to turn base.

Thanks, Mate. I might look at that as an option. I was under the impression that NVSurround only gives you a very wide "normal" view, and not an actual 225° FOV. This is what I need. I've been playing since and have now 2 NV GTX780's running with 5 displays hooked up. Frame rate isn't awesome, but it's certainly enough for the IFR work that the sim will be doing. My problem now is getting just the right zoom and spread for the displays to be accurate. I'm currently working with -90, -45, 0, 45, 90 and soon of 0.63.

Another problem is that I have no idea where to look in airplane.cfg to remove the imagery of the aircraft from the cockpit view. In FSX it was just a matter of removing that file. Not so here.

Thanks for you help!

Cheers

Dave