I wish Steve would shed some light on his reasons to withdraw this from sale. I recon anything that made him do this is justified, but given the impact he and his tool had on our hobby, it would be totally unthinkable if he would just vanish without even some form of last words...

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I wish Steve would shed some light on his reasons to withdraw this from sale. I recon anything that made him do this is justified, but given the impact he and his tool had on our hobby, it would be totally unthinkable if he would just vanish without even some form of last words...

Did you read Reply #8 in this thread? In yet another thread he was quoted as saying "support questions" were taking up far too much of his time, which were the "personal reasons" mentioned in #8 above...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Yeah...all I needed was 2 hours!  My luck, especially this week.

Allan, maybe you could contact Steve via e mail and purchase from him directly via pay pal.

He can only say no.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

wat a shame for all the hard work,it was the best fsx addon wat i buy last year...............

maybee Steve can sell without support for installing and sell over flight1,so if one can get it work, he get´s money back...........???

Thank´s Steve for all your hard work,and all the updates.

i am more than happy that i have the fixer :rolleyes:

cheers ralf

Ralf Scholten EDDL

I'd be happy to buy it directly from Steve, through PayPal, with a promise of no support requests whatsoever. There is a plethora of support right here on AvSim - no need to bother Steve.

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I just got my system to the point where I could make use of the DX10 Fixer and now its not available.  To have missed it by a few days is mega disappointing.  If we promised not to ask for support and puzzled things out for ourselves might it be put back on sale?  I feel like a second class citizen now - denied something others have got - forever.

Did you read Reply #8 in this thread? In yet another thread he was quoted as saying "support questions" were taking up far too much of his time, which were the "personal reasons" mentioned in #8 above...

Yes, I read the referenced message, but it did only say "for personal reasons". I have not seen the quoted thread saying support questions are the reason. Guess so... Still the abrupt way he pulled this product from the "shelves" seems a bit.... harsh? 

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

I too was looking to purchase this product but arrived to the party late.... I really hope he reconsiders. I really wasn't aware of the program until I read about it at A2A's forum. I clicked the link to FSS and it was already gone...

Geez, first the guy who created Flappy Bird and now Steve with DX10, who's next??

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I suspect the Fixer will be back...once Steve has had a good rest.

I think in his support Steve was trying to please everyone and sort every tiny problem. Eventually the Fixer development has to stop evolving and be a product that pleases most of the people most of the time. I'm already in that bracket and am eternally grateful for Steve's program that made Dx10 as right as it can be and spurred scenery and aircraft devs to take note of Dx10 for us all to enjoy.

I suspect the Fixer will be back...once Steve has had a good rest.

I think in his support Steve was trying to please everyone and sort every tiny problem. Eventually the Fixer development has to stop evolving and be a product that pleases most of the people most of the time. I'm already in that bracket and am eternally grateful for Steve's program that made Dx10 as right as it can be and spurred scenery and aircraft devs to take note of Dx10 for us all to enjoy.

Agreed.  His fixer has helped so much for my system.  I used to fly with the fps showing all the time and now, I turn it off since I get smooth and stable flying and I think the in-sim count is off somehow but I won't look a gifthorse in the mouth. :)

Running ORBX products for GA flying, then his fixer is the way to go.  A big thanks goes out to Steve, it was the best purchase I ever made for FSX.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I really hope that Steve changes his mind about this as i am amongst many who would like to buy this fixer B)

Mikael Leinonen