Sign in to follow this  
Glynn

The DX10 train has left the track

If he was getting overwhelmed with the support calls, then that was a fair decision, but it's a shame it's not available anywhere anymore. In my opinion, he should have it sold on a less popular marketplace, unlike FlightSim Store. That way, people will have to be more involved in DirectX 10 usage before finding the product.

Or, could not Steve (thank you for ALL your work and time in regards to this product!!!) have made sure that there was a very large disclaimer of what DX10 running in the FSX environment can, and can not do (although I find it hard to FIND...anything it can't do to make the FSX environment better...sorry, I can't...) so as not to cut persons that up to this time, did not make the decision, or even know it was available....  I feel sorry for them....as this simply is the gateway to a simulator that has both feet in FSX and P3D.

Dump the support and make it freeware.

Kimo

Hmm??? I wonder if that has anything to do with the license sale of Microsoft's flightsim ?

Yes, probably. And if that's so, maybe the new owner of FSX want to do something possitive with the franchise. And then, maybe, they also see the great advantage of making FSX DX10 standard. And then, maybe, they want to either buy Steve's program/code or want to hire Steve himself in that work. That's my guess why it's so quiet from Steve right know. I guess he's in some sort of negotiations with the new franchise owners. Let's hope for the best. :smile:

hmmm, not a good news to find after being more than two months under the weather and out of the flightsim scene iI'm stuck  with 2.0 or so it seems...

Now to whom profits the crime ? to Prepar3D of course :P ! 

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

hmmm, not a good news to find after being more than two months under the weather and out of the flightsim scene iI'm stuck  with 2.0 or so it seems...

Why are you stuck.  Just log into your account at the Flight Sim Store, access your downloads and you can still download the newest version (2.3).

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

ha good news, thanks !

Nope, the Fixer has vanished from my account  "File not found" :(

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I just checked mine and it's still available.

Just checked again and mine is still there -- 97 Downloads remaining!  I would definitely contact them if you purchased it and it is no longer showing up in your purchases. That should not be happening to you.

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Just checked again and mine is still there -- 97 Downloads remaining!  I would definitely contact them if you purchased it and it is no longer showing up in your purchases. That should not be happening to you.

I just did :).

Dominique

Hi all,

Oh now that is a shame. I thought the Scenery Fixer was a brilliant program the breathed a new lease of life into FSX. Glad I have it!

I've never had a need to search out support, I did some homework before purchasing and knew what to expect, installed it and it did what it said it would! I sometimes wonder if people just call "support" when the slightest thing doesn't go right, instead of searching the forums and trying to find out the answer's themselves. 

Shame the Fixer isn't still available, but glad I have mine. I wonder if FSS will still send me an email if there is any updates?

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Downloaded 2.3 the other day.  Just checked and I have 93 D/L's left.

Doubt I would be running FSX today without it.

Rick S.