Sign in to follow this  
ednish00

FMC Freeze

Hello,

I was doing a flight from NZAA to KSFO and i noticed 20 minutes after takeoff my fmc is frozen i couldn't select any options or so! 

And my flight was at dusk and Night

Sorry for my bad english

Hello,

I was doing a flight from NZAA to KSFO and i noticed 20 minutes after takeoff my fmc is frozen i couldn't select any options or so! 

Sorry for my bad english

Did you start with the cold and dark panel state? (it is broken) If you try another flight does the same thing happen? 

Also, read the PMDG forum rules RE signatures, they are about to crack down on unsigned posts etc.

The screen may freeze if you cycle through your views and go past tower view when in the middle of the ocean, as you were.  If that happens, press 'A' a few times when in the VC view, and it should sort itself out.

Kyle Rodgers

I chose the "Short" Version on FMC and i did try using the views but nothing happened 

Is it just the FMS, everything else works fine? Do both main FMC's freeze?

At the risk of asking a dumb question, what is the "Short" Version on FMC?

Dan Downs KCRP

At the risk of asking a dumb question, what is the "Short" Version on FMC?

I think he meant panel state "short turn" "long turn" etc. 

Hi guys !

I'm experiencing the same thing. Sometimes 15-20 minutes into the flight the FMC freezes. I am stuck on a certain page and cannot do anything. The strange thing is that the rest of the cockpit works.

Normally that obligates me to shut down the flight and re-start it but sometimes I use the MCP to navigate to the runway.

P.S: the 777 continues to follow the LNAV and VNAV path.

Hi guys !

I'm experiencing the same thing. Sometimes 15-20 minutes into the flight the FMC freezes. I am stuck on a certain page and cannot do anything. The strange thing is that the rest of the cockpit works.

Normally that obligates me to shut down the flight and re-start it but sometimes I use the MCP to navigate to the runway.

P.S: the 777 continues to follow the LNAV and VNAV path.

Did you read the sticky at the very top of this forum. Pay to read it to be honest.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hi,

I am having same issue with FMC freezing while flight plan input into FMC, especially while double clicking on "CG" and while punching data in Cost Index...............

I have re-installed in PMDG-777 a couple of times but could not resolve the FMC freeze issue.

Currently, just not able to fly of "CG" issue.

Regards

Rishabh

Hi,

I am having same issue with FMC freezing while flight plan input into FMC, especially while double clicking on "CG" and while punching data in Cost Index...............

I have re-installed in PMDG-777 a couple of times but could not resolve the FMC freeze issue.

Currently, just not able to fly of "CG" issue.

Regards

Rishabh

Have you tried in the VC clicking on the FMC and bringing up the 2D pop up ?  and then test .See if that work using the 2D pop up.. If it does, it could be a dodgy video driver.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Still not working...........

Still not working......

Completely unhelpful.  If you want help, be specific as to the issue you're having.  If you're not going to help the person who posted the topic, don't post.

Kyle Rodgers

Tried in the VC clicking on the FMC with 2D pop, still same issue freezes on entering data in "CG"

CPU - I7-4790