Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Trying World2XP....

Well,

with my XP10.30b3 install came the will to try those new scenery assets of World2XP.

I visited SIMHEAVEN, and from the experimental folder I downloaded the files:

world-models-master_beta5.0.7z

and 

w2xp_Portugal_beta5.0-sd.7z

I noticed that in the same folder there are two other files, beta 4.1.7, that I would admit are older, but have a more recent date ?

Question:  Do I simply drop it in my Custom Scenery folder and update the scenery_packs.ini?

Can it coexist with the HD Mesh v2 scenery, or ( exclusive ) photo sceneries?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Yep, works great with HD Mesh and I recommend it, just make sure the w2xp scenery is above everything else but your airports. You should always use the latest beta versions, the older versions are there for users of X-Plane 10.25. Beta 5 sceneries are for 10.30 only.

Also, make sure you have the R2 library, FF library and OpenSceneryX installed. Links on this page http://world2xplane.com/scenery/

Enjoy :smile:

Thx Tony!

I was actually missing the FF Library, and getting an error - now sorted out :-)

For testing purposes I disabled "tree lines and farms", and the HD mesh v2, and installed the ZL17 from SIMHEAVEN for Lisbon.

WHOW!!!

For regions I know close from my RL experience, I still have to prefer the photoscenery, with OSM and / or autogen over it.

Apparently this is a perfect combination:

SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/ff_library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/R2_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/Europe_Library/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/world-models-master/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/w2xp_Portugal_beta5.0-sd/
SCENERY_PACK Custom Scenery/z+38-010_P_Lissabon_bx17/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yes, world2xplane is really cool! Thank You for Your work Tony, I really appreciate it!

Hi Jose, yep the order is perfect and should work great. The photoscenery you are using probably already has the HD Mesh v2 anyway. I've never tried Portugal, as neighbouring Spain doesn't have much data in OSM. Let me know if it works good for you.

It works great Tony!  I am completely taken by the new enhancements allowed by your project! And yes, this ZL17 is already based on HD mesh v2, and that's why I moved the pure HD V2 areas for Portugal and Spain from the Custom Scenery folder.

I am experiencing better performance with the ZL17 than with pure HD Mesh V2 - may seem weird, but the numbers do not lie. 

Main Simulation Rig:

I am experiencing better performance with the ZL17 than with pure HD Mesh V2 - may seem weird, but the numbers do not lie. 

Same, I get better performance. Alpilotx explained why this is the case in another post (I forget where), and it's because of the use of various textures, blending, etc. which photo scenery doesn't need to do. So it renders quicker :-)

Tony,

strangely, as I ported my XP10.30b4 folder to my home PC, and also installed Santorini with the required additional libraries for that specific scenery, I got errors when loading XP10.30b4 in Lisbon or at Santorini :-/

I couldn't find the reason and went to bed very disappointed :-(  It worked beautifully on the laptop ????

I wonder if the Europe_Library can really co-exist with World2XP-generated areas and the associated objects but I removed it and still got the same error messages pertaining to some lib/industrial..... I'm away from my sim PC now, but latter I'll try to post here one of the lines in the log file.

Main Simulation Rig:

Sounds like it might be the FFLibrary, another user on my blog posted the same problem, and it turned out he didn't have the FF Library installed. Also, a few industrial objects link to X-Plane industrial objects. Please PM me your log file when you get a chance.

Thx Tony, will PM as soon as I arrive home, should wife not be using the cockpit :-/ :-)

P.S.:  No need to bother you  - Solved, by you :-) - it was the FF_Library, that I forgot to copy :-(  My brain works 5% less since the 50 ... snif snif....

Thx for the support!!!

Main Simulation Rig: