Sign in to follow this  
Cruachan

FS2004 refuses to load

Guest dandan2005

Hey guysRecently I had to perform a system restore on my computer system, and ever since, whenever I click the the shortcut to FS9 or FS9.exe, the splash screen pops up, but nothing else happens. I have waited over 20 minutes at a time to see if was loading slowly, but to no avail. I have uninstalled and reinstalled many times and it has no effect. What is preventing FS2004 from loading? If you could help me, that would be great!Sincerely,DanPS. my specs are:3.4GHz Pentium 4128mb Radeon 9550250GB HD space512MB RAM

Guest dandan2005

A shameless bump, but I would really like your help please! Without it I cannot play FS9 :(!

Guest Mike_Luchia

Have you tried renaming the fs9.cfg file and then restart so it will build a new one? Not sure if it will fix your problem, but it is worth a try.Mike

Guest dandan2005

I have tried this, no effect! :(

Guest Shep

It has to be something to do with the system restore if it was OK before. It would be worth reinstalling DirectX9 first then try reinstalling your Graphics Card drivers. (with the Graphics Card drivers it would be best to uninstall them first)Good luckRay

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hi Dan,Since you had to perform a SYSTEM RESTORE, I would do the following. Re-install Windows patch/service update if one exists. I'm not sure what operating system you have or if a patch/service update exists.NEXTUpdate your FIRMWARE/DRIVERS.NEXTDEFRAG your system.Erase FS9, make sure no parts of FS9 are still installed or loaded on your system, Install FS9 from scratch as well as the FS9 service update.Almost forgot, Do you have a virus program installed on your system?. Make sure its up-to-date and run the program, make sure your system is not infected.I would try thatfirst to see if it gets you going.Hope it helpsMike

Hi Dan,First I would try to verify whether the problem has anything to do with the FS9 installation:1. Backup FS9.cfg2. Rename your FS9 root folder to anything you like.3. Delete the '9.0' key in the Registry (AFTER exporting the Selected Branch in the Registry Editor for safe keeping):HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftMicrosoft GamesFlight Simulator9.04. Reinstall DirectX 9.0c on top of itself.5. Reinstall FS96. Run FS9 and it will create a fresh FS9.cfg7. If all seems well, overwrite your fresh installation by COPYING and PASTING all the contents of your renamed FS9 root folder over your fresh install.8. Run FS9 and if all remains fine I think you can relax and concentrate on rebuilding the tweaks within FS9.cfg (if you have not already done so, take a look at my suggestions in the Tips and Tricks Forum).The foregoing are my suggestions based on what I would do first before trying anything more drastic. It's never happened to me yet, but in the event that I failed to get FS9 to load, and the above did not work, I would still have the original installation for further experimentation. It also ensures that all the default stuff will be reinstalled correctly and, for example, will eliminate the missing textures issue that can crop up from time to time. This is known to hinder FS9 from loading to completion - I know, it has happened to me :( Fortunately I had backups of the relevant folders so was able to correct the problem quickly once I realised what was going on.Mike

Guest dandan2005

I have attempted to re-install DirectX9, however the .exe file won't load and my computer makes a high-pitched intermittent beeping. Hmm

Dan,1. Does your PC boot as normal and Windows XP load okay?2. Are you able to run the Error Checking module on your drive/s?3. Do other programs (games/applications) load and run correctly?4. Is your system overclocked in any way?Hate to say it, but the beeping noise you describe might be indicative of a hardware fault. Is the beeping there all the time? If not, then under what circumstances do you hear it? For example, do you hear it during boot time?It's just possible that the beeping is simply a temperature warning from the motherboard. If so, check all the fans are working and clear of dust accumulation (CPU, Graphics Card, PSU and Case fans, if fitted). While you are at it, the same applies to the memory module/s as they attract dust accumulation as well.Mike