Sign in to follow this  
smilingjoe

Keep on getting Vectored in circles

This seems to happen every single time I use VoxATC, and I hope there is a fix as I spend $80 on this program and have yet to fully complete a single flight without major issues. Every time I come in on an arrival, I get clearance to fly the arrival, and usually a decent command, which is all good. But usually after a minute or two on the arrival, ATC starts vectoring me.... Ok, that's fine... But then it starts vectoring me away from the airfield and I usually fly 5 minutes in the opposite direction then it vectors me around to the original course... THEN once i'm back on course, IT DOES IT AGAIN!! usually at this point I give up and disable the program (then i lose all my traffic and instructions on how to land, I have yet to actually hear VoxATC give me clearance to land, as it ALWAYS, 100% vectors me away from the airport, then back, then back away (I did 2 complete circles coming into KMEM last night). It almost seems like its putting me into a hold, but vectoring the hold and not just giving the command. But yet, it never seems to let me leave the hold, just doing countless circles at the beginning of arrival.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution? The program does have great potential, but if it can't do a simple vector to the runway, then i would be very disappointed at the amount of money I had to spend on this.

Any thoughts or suggestions?... I'm using version 6.34

Which flight sim?

Just KMEM or all airports?

Which approach was it?

Did you do any screenshots of the messages?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

I use FSX as the flight sim, and this happens at all airports that I have tried so far (KMEM, PHNL, CYLW, CYYC), The approach specifically into KMEM, I can't remember off the top of my head, but I want to say condor2 arrival with the ebber transition. There aren't any real messages that i can post as its just vectors, I may do a test flight in the next week or two, and I'll just post a screenshot of the map with path traveled.

Dwayne,

"There aren't any real messages that i can post as its just vectors"

Well, you could pull up "Recent Communications" and then do a screenshot(s) (or video) of the normal stuff followed by the bad stuff Vectors e.g..

Knowing your specific flight plan and STAR trans/STAR would also be helpful.

Edit:

Did you do the sample VFR and IFR flights?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW