Sign in to follow this  
JohnSmith

SP1 Beta Testers: Performance Differences?

Afternoon everyone. I would like to ask the beta testers of the 777 SP1 if they have noticed any performance improvements compared to the current release of the 777. I've always encountered performance issues with this addon and hope that the said issues are remedied with the upcoming update. Let me know. :)

Thanks,

Stephen Hobson

It seems like it's running better, but it all depends on how you've configured your own system, honestly...

Kyle Rodgers

It seems like it's running better, but it all depends on how you've configured your own system, honestly...

Heh. I've never understood FSX performance. All other PMDG addons work quite well. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how things play out with the update. Thanks for the reply!

Are there additional options for configuring the performance of the PMDG 777? For example, you could alter the resolution of the VC etc in the NGX.

Are there additional options for configuring the performance of the PMDG 777? For example, you could alter the resolution of the VC etc in the NGX.

I would love having this option. My PC is fairly beefy so I don't understand why I'm receiving the performance issues that I am, but I certainly need more frames in the T7.

As Kyle said, it comes down to how you have set it all up. For example, I HATE jaggy edges and so run anti-aliasing higher than I probably should, and take a frame rate hit for it. Also, add on scenery, AI, etc etc all have a big impact. Sometimes you might need to look at lowering settings a bit, even on a high end system. I have i7@4.4GHz, GTX780 and STILL struggle to hold above 20fps on the T7 WHEN UNDER 5000ft. IE at altitude she is fine, even in clouds. But that's my fault for using settings on the highest. That said, I am sure the guys at PMDG have made some improvements.

I haven't changed many settings and I don't really see a change. But it will probably vary per PC, per config etc..

I'm more interested in the VAS-side of the performance-affair.
Could you comment on the VAS use with SP1 & 300ER? Is it better or worse?

Much appreciated!

Henk de Vries

Me too....in my opinion VAS is the biggest problem these days....(assuming you do not have freezes).

Even though my goal is to achieve 30fps, often I can not (low altitude/on ground).

T.o. I often have something like 18fps.

But I find that acceptable because since the 777 is not a fighter type aircraft I still get quite smooth motion even in turns.

Fps is not the main goal....smoothness is!

Rob Robson

Indeed. I regularly pull 15-20 FPS in my 747-400. If I told any other gamer about that, they'd be disgusted. While achieving a some what "low" FPS - it is still 'smooth'. That's all I can ask for really. As long as it feels smooth - I'm content.

Me too....in my opinion VAS is the biggest problem these days....(assuming you do not have freezes).

Even though my goal is to achieve 30fps, often I can not (low altitude/on ground).

T.o. I often have something like 18fps.

But I find that acceptable because since the 777 is not a fighter type aircraft I still get quite smooth motion even in turns.

I want to emphasize this as well. The main concern today in FSX is VAS! WIll SP1 adress this or are there now options to reduce VAS-load? If there are, how much is the saving?

Thanks!

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

Afternoon everyone. I would like to ask the beta testers of the 777 SP1 if they have noticed any performance improvements compared to the current release of the 777. I've always encountered performance issues with this addon and hope that the said issues are remedied with the upcoming update. Let me know. :)

Thanks,

Stephen Hobson

Have you tried no frame rate lock Stephen? No internal limiter and no external limiter, no limiter of any kind.

Huge frame rate increase for me and others. No stutters.

Seems some set-ups can handle it and some can't.

I get very high frame rate, but that's because I keep sliders at a sensible level and run with only GEX, UTX and ASN.

From day 1 I have found the 777 to be better on fps than the NGX, it's VAS that's the problem.

Any news on VAS and SP1?

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Have you tried no frame rate lock Stephen? No internal limiter and no external limiter, no limiter of any kind.

Huge frame rate increase for me and others. No stutters.

Seems some set-ups can handle it and some can't.

I get very high frame rate, but that's because I keep sliders at a sensible level and run with only GEX, UTX and ASN.

Yes I've discovered the luxury of setting the FPS limiter to unlimited. Made a huge difference for me as well, even in the 777.