Sign in to follow this  
JohnSmith

SP1 Beta Testers: Performance Differences?

Side bar question: Who has frames set to unlimited in the sim, but uses an external limiter? I know it's recommended but is it needed? If this is going to start another "depends on your specs" debate I'm sorry.

Totally unlimited. No internal limiter no external limiter. Result, big boost in frame rate and no stutters!

Works for some and not others. I have a reasonable overclock, sensible sliders, and no hyper detailed scenery. Just GEX and UTX and ASN. Use BP=0 also.

You can point at as many things as you want to about VAS, but the simple thing is the 777 users more VAS than the NGX.

So with SP1 does the 777 use less VAS or even more with the weather radar?.

So let's not talk about it being about anything else we use. The 777 users more VAS than the 737, does it now use with SP1

A) More

B.) The same

C) Less

We all know going OOM is down to more than one think but the 777 adds to that more so than the 737. So please lets not brush over the fact about the amount of VAS the 777 users.

I turned off RAAS

Never use anything apart from the VC view

Disable the exterior model

All helps lower VAS

(option)I read the lower screen cheque list users a lot of VAS aswell, so never use that also.

Thanks.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Side bar question: Who has frames set to unlimited in the sim, but uses an external limiter?  I know it's recommended but is it needed?  If this is going to start another "depends on your specs" debate I'm sorry. 

I have mine set to 40 external via NI and unlimited in sim.

Seems to work for me pretty well.  No dramas.

Hirdy

Totally unlimited. No internal limiter no external limiter. Result, big boost in frame rate and no stutters!

I'm the same way. I get stutters if I lock it at 30, so I just keep it at unlimited and adjust the scenery settings to compensate.

Works for some and not others. I have a reasonable overclock, sensible sliders, and no hyper detailed scenery. Just GEX and UTX and ASN. Use BP=0 also.

I have exactly the same Martin and with same results. Never looked back

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Have used no external limiter and set to unlimited in FSX for a long time now, but noticed slight stutters after upgrading my GPU recently.

Took out buffer pools tweak from my config and smooth ever since. (Apart from that very occasional landing lag thingy on the T7 I mentioned in my earlier posts)

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Try Adaptive V-Sync in the Nvidia Control panel and if you have EVGA then try PrecisionX set to 30fp and hit apply. (Unlimited in FSX)

PrecisionX is not a limiter but it works GREAT with the T7 (Better than the NGX). Really smooth in Dx10 btw down to 17fps.

Michael

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Unfortunately I don't have an Nvidea card.  I just took out the ENB .dll and I'm making some minor tweaks to prepare for the 300.  

I too was not really interested in another VAS discussion.

What i wanted to know is; Has VAS been reduced a little with SP1 or not?

The reasone I ask is because, if I remember correctly, a while ago there was talk about PMDG looking into giving us more options to reduce VAS.

What I dont understand in general is why addon developers dont give us more options.

I actually wrote Drzwecki a few weeks ago with the same question:

"Do you give the user install options to reduce VAS and improve performance as needed?"

Like:

Static airplanes - yes/no

HD textures - yes/no

3D grass - yes/no

miving people yes/no

etc etc

Answere:" that is not needed, our addons are made for optimum performance already"

Not the answere I was looking for!

And as soon as their New York Airports was out, reports of stutters, black scenery areas, OOM etc.

Small update for those who care, I guess sometimes it does helps to keep asking for something!

Drzewicki just announced they are making a new installers with more install options :-)

Rob Robson

I have not noticed an increase in VAS usage between the 777 RTM and SP1.  My disclaimer is that I don't constantly stare at my VAS usage, this is just an overall impression.

I do not have a powerful machine and I therefore have had to decreased a lot of eye candy to ensure that my simulator runs smoothly. T7 continues to fly well on my machine.

When all is said and done the fact is, we need a 64 bit P3D or whatever is comparable badly in order to have all the add-ons we want. XP 64 bit still needs the basics (like airport buildings) before I even consider it.

Like I said before, its pretty clear, default a/c don't give OOM, all properly developed add-on a/c should as a minimum meet that standard.

Even with modern scenery like gex,utx FsGlobalUltimate  only thing in my hanger causing OOM is POMDG 777. 

Default aircraft also don't give an FMC, VNAV, LNAV, EICAS Checklists, Proper flight dynamics, electrical systems simulation with load shedding.

Also, if you load up NL2000, Belgium-Luxembourg Photo Real 2cm/pixel. Megascenery Earth 2.0 Swizerland Complete, FSDT Geneva, Aerosoft Amsterdam, UKVFR, UK2000 EGLL, EGKK, EGSS & EGLC, REX essentials with the 4012 HD clouds, FTX England Scotland Wales, Southampton, and fly the default 747 from Geneva, over Belgium, Land at EHAM, Takeoff without resetting the sim, fly a second leg to EGLL overflying EGLC directly while swapping views constantly to look all the pretty scenery, then fly over to Zurich low and fast, during dusk and landing at night.

I reccon the default 747 (no FMC, VNAV, LNAV, EICAS, Hydraulics modelling, HD textures, reflective windows) etc will OOM the sim.

As in the Default 747 being used in loads of HD textures, shifting views and reloading textures over and over, will suffer an OOM, due to the scenery and HD textures.

It doesn't matter what you use the available VAS on, Once it's gone it's gone.

(Maybe PMDG should offer a version of the product with no external model outside the VC lol)

Not having an FMC, EICAS, Systems modelling etc means I'm not interested.

PMDG? Majestic? - interested

Other product lines that also made a 777? - not interested.

Dear NyxxUK

would be please explain me how to disable the exterior model ?

Thanks.

To shorten things up a bit - here it is:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/422127-want-more-fps-with-the-777/

This is a compromise still, because if flying the PMDG 777 the question arises if we do really want to disable its fantastically modelled exterior model?

I think that whenever a rather "resource-demanding" plane such as the PMDG 777 is selected for a long haul flight for instance, then i'd seriously consider disabling sceneries via the fsx scenery configurator tool that are not needed for this particular flight, reduce autogen, traffic (AI plus and especially road- and shiptraffic as well), set the LOD to 4.5 and the texture max load to a maximum of 2048x2048, because sure:

Disabliing the exterior model might be a good way to go to enhance performance and maybe even reduce VAS, but i just think that it should be an option tried out rather later than earlier in case other methods to keep the VAS useage within 4GB do not work.

Only my two cents here though, becasue without the slightest doubt:

Disabling the exterior model is an option on the table, so there is absolutely nothing wrong in taking advantage of it in case needed!