Sign in to follow this  
ddswh1pk0s

Low End FSX Settings

Hello FSX users

I am in need of some low end FSX settings. Screenshots would be greatly appreciated

I don't care about eyecandy, I just want settings that will provide maximum FPS. The only add ons I have are PMDG 737, PMDG 777 and ASN.

One thing I would like to have is weather on ultra high because the weather radar is coming soon.

My specs are under my name.

Thank you in advance :)

Well, I would suggest you head for simulation fluidity, instead of fps. Check out the Bojote site for some starter tweaks. Others would search for max fps, but as an experienced fsx user with limited hardware I have learned to stretch it to the max. Also check out the 'how to' sections on Avsim. They are excellent. You have sufficient hardware to achieve good performance. Don't let the performance pushers run you down.

I would forget about tweaks - and instead turn down traffic and shadows, for starters..

Zero freeway traffic helps..

Bert

I have a low end PC for FSX.  I've tried tweaks and eventually settled with the venetubo auto tweak for years.

My FSX was quite smooth with the right settings, but I still can't get it as "fluid" as FS9.

About a month ago, I decided to purchase FSX Booster 2013.  This, when set up correctly has made a very big improvement in my FSX. 

You can tweak those values manually in the fsx cfg, but if you're not comfortable with that, like I am, the program makes it so easy.  Now, my FSX works best when VSync and FPS limiter are set within FSX, which is the complete opposite before I tried the booster.

Now, it's still not as fluid as FS9, but it's a lot better than before.

Just a heads up.  It seems like some people benefit from it while others don't if you do some reading on the product.

The NGX is extremely hard on fps and I've decided to put her away in the hanger until I have a high end PC.  I just can't fly it with any decent amount of ai or any add on airports.

Thank you for your replies,

I am trying to stay away from tweaks.

I already have traffic on 0, I will try turning shadows off.

Will turning autogen off help? I have heard that turning it off completely actually reduces performance when compared to running autogen on medium or dense.

Thanks

Autogen is a notorious drag on frames and VAS. Most times is run at 2 (Normal) and reduce it to 1 (Sparse) for the 777. Also look at LOD; default is 4.5 which is fine for the NGX, but I reduce it to 4.0 for the 777 without much noticeable effect on what you see.

The 'tweaks' can make an incredible improvement. Or screw everything up  ;-)  If approached with care, they are somewhat similar to overclocking. And I overclock my video board, with ~20% performance boost  :-)

Hello FSX users

I am in need of some low end FSX settings. Screenshots would be greatly appreciated

I don't care about eyecandy, I just want settings that will provide maximum FPS. The only add ons I have are PMDG 737, PMDG 777 and ASN.

One thing I would like to have is weather on ultra high because the weather radar is coming soon.

You really should not  have that much problem with your system if it is configured and balanced out correctly without any tweaks. The only thing I see maybe holding it back is the ATI card.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

Yes, beauty is truly your call. Stay stock, back off on all the settings, and test each one to your personal best. Good luck, it's all 'science, and magic'. And a crap shoot, dependent on your intuition.  :-)

Hello FSX users

Read this, it may help you understand what is killing FSX.

Antoni,

For over a year, I ran FSX with FX-4130 and a lower end Nvidia graphics card. The tweaks can make a huge difference. I did use FSXAssist although you may be able to get similar effects with the shareware ProcessLasso. Turn off cars and boats and really reduce AI traffic. Here was my setup at the time:

http://uchisworld.wordpress.com/2013/05/25/a-short-pencil-is/

Good Luck and keep trying things.

PS definitely turn off "Thermal Visualization"

Thanks for your help guys I tried reducing the settings and now FSX runs like a dream