Sign in to follow this  
zmak

Whats your add on budget?

Just lately I am spending around 40 Euro on scenery addons every week. I am trying to get all of Europe's airports  :P Expensive I know, but atleast I don't drink, take drugs or smoke.....

It's slowed down here lately. Mostly because I have been collecting what I need already. 

But anything A2A GA or PMDG, as well as airports sceneries on Norwegian Air Shuttle / SAS destinations will be purchased as soon as it releases. 

Just lately I am spending around 40 Euro on scenery addons every week. I am trying to get all of Europe's airports :P Expensive I know, but atleast I don't drink, take drugs or smoke.....

My wife (jokes) says a 'c***k' habit would be cheaper!

I think we only live once, if it enhances your quality of life and makes you happy, go with what you are comfortable with.

if it enhances your quality of life and makes you happy, go with what you are comfortable with.

Amen!

the highest I go  is $40 but that is when my parents give me money on christmas. I usually buy addons every 5-6 months. when i don't have christmas money, I try every 6 months or so to ask for a $20-35 addon. I only have 4 addons and i've been flight simming for a year and 4 months.

My parents think it is absurd to pay $60 for an addon. my reply is " what is cheaper a full flight simulator and/or real functional aircraft of 45million dollars or an in depth, hardcore, fully functional $60-90 addon/aircraft?"

Funny topic. I have been a junkie since 2008.

I was cleaning out a closet this weekend and found an old Wilco 777 disc. I almost installed it to feed my habit, but then came to my senses.

Someone please help me!

supporter.jpg

I'm pretty sure a lot of people are laughing about how much money some people spend. Hell, some of these values spent on addons are the budget of "rich" people here in eastern Europe

Considering that Fight Sim Shop is running a super sale, my budget is already blown but at the same time, I am seriously expanding my ORBX scenery collection.  Worth every penny in my opinion.  I bought a boatload already and am still contemplating buying more before the sale runs out.

Ok, I admit it, I am an addict. :(

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

About $500 on add ons got A2a plane, ASN weather engine and other addons. GA planes, photoscenery is the main items I brought.

About $500 on add ons got A2a plane, ASN weather engine and other addons. GA planes, photoscenery is the main items I brought.

About ~30-40 EUR per month. My last achievement was the A2A Cessna 172 and the next will be the 300ER and FTX openLC. So July will be awesome. :)

Philipp Schwaegerl

I love this thread! As a former Electrical Engineer, I find my time spent is more valuable than money. I run extreme modest hardware, and I enjoy it by choice! Having said that, I have spent several thousands to fly toy planes on a screen :-). And yes I do enjoy rc flying.. I have a whole hanger ;-). And girlfriends, the most expensive toys of all.. (lol). I build and repair pc's on the side, so I have about anything available I wish.. only so much time! It's all good. Enjoy to you all, and vodka is a good 'reset' button (lol).. (I'm a Finn ;-). 

My addon budget is the total cost of all the addons that I want. In other words, if I want an addon, I get it.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

My wife (jokes) says a 'c***k' habit would be cheaper!

I think we only live once, if it enhances your quality of life and makes you happy, go with what you are comfortable with.

...they could probably cure of the 'C' habit...no cure for flight simulation addiction...it even can survive a divorce, I read,LOL!

...they could probably cure of the 'C' habit...no cure for flight simulation addiction...it even can survive a divorce, I read,LOL!

LOLOLOL