Sign in to follow this  
Garciamk3g

Found a fix for the window Transparency problem after conversion :-)

Hey guys for those who don't Know there is a fix for the Window's Transparency Problem most of us get after converting a model to work with FS9 from FSX

Removing the Mask from the windows in the Alpha Channel did the trick for me. 

Cheers :-) 

Do not remove the Alpha (this will cause fs9 to stutter) Simply open the Texture of the Modle in DXT BMP you can see the windows are there but if you look at the Alpha channel it is mask for transparency (FS9 will not render this mask as FSX does so simply send the Alpha channel to Editor and use the Fill tool to change them to white and Presto once the sim Loads your windows will show.

Or you could simply save it as a DXT1 w/o Alpha which will give you the benefit of a much smaller file size.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

DXT1 with Missing Alphas causes Stutters on my PC for some reason. Every scenery i've tested with no Alphas makes the Airport come to a Temp 1sec hault when using no Alphas. 

Are you sure the textures are DXT1?

There is a known stutter issue with DXT3 textures that have an improper Alpha tag.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Are you sure the textures are DXT1?

There is a known stutter issue with DXT3 textures that have an improper Alpha tag.

regards,

Joe

Perhaps your correct after checking some of my old backed up zips they are DXT3 Files with missing Alphas :-)

Actually - thanks for the tip regarding DXT1. I've been checking alphas religiously on the DXT3 stuff for ages and have still had stutters - but converting all those to DXT3 has seemingly solved the stutter problem. Of course, it's only been a couple hours, so results might be misleading at the moment...