Sign in to follow this  
Chris Willis

FS9 will not load Level D 767 for Win98/ME in case you did not know

Guest pmiller

Hello,I was not aware that FS9 doesn't load the levelD 767 for win98/ME until after I purchased the plane tonight. The FAQ states that the plane will not work with win98/ME but I could not read the FAQ until after purchase. This is the first add on I've purchased that FS9 refuses to load at startup.I'm testing the Flight1 refund process now...pmiller

Pmiller,On the Flight1 purchase page it says very clearly under the heading "FS compatability/system requirements":"Windows XP is the official operating system that is supported for use with the 767. Any other operating system is not supported."I don't think it is fair to criticize Flight1.

Graeme Butler

Guest pmiller

Hello,I'm read that on Flight1 that xp is the supported os for767 but ALL other products that I have ever purchased from flight1 (and I have purchased many and like flight1 a lot) that state that XP is the supported OS have always worked on win98. This is the FIRST time ever that FS9 actually has a pop-up box that states that the aircraft will not load into FS that I have ever encountered in all my 15 years of flight simming. I don't mind that it will not run on win98 I just would have liked to see a more clear statement on flight1 like the statement that appears on levelD's FAQ page (which you can't see until you purchase) that states clearly that the 767 will NOT work at ALL in win98... Perhaps that FAQ should appear in the non-registered forum on LEVELD?This is constructive suggestion for the flight 1 and LEVELD, that's all, so others will avoid my experience. I'm not angry I'm just letting others know what happened to me.Pmiller

Guest pmiller

Hello,Here is what flight1 has as requirements for the Concorde. This is very clear and I know when I read this that I cannot run this on my PC so I would not purchase:Flight Simulator 2004 Windows

I think you misunderstood my message. The text I quoted is on the Flight1 PURCHASE page. You must go to this page to purchase the 767. I am not sure how you could claim not to have been aware of this?Unless, of course, you purchased it without reading that page at all:http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=ld767:-hmmm

Graeme Butler

I agree that "not supported" is not the same as "won't work". I think your suggestion to revise the wording on the requirements is a good one.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hi Guys,I agree, it states This product is only compatible with FS2004, so of course, FS2004 is required. It should also state This product is only compatible with Windows XP instead of; Windows XP is the official operating system that is supported for use with the 767. Any other operating system is not supported.There is a difference between supported and not compatable.Mike

Guest danowat

Maybe someone could explain to me why people would hang on to a 7 year old OS?, I couldnt wait to drop 98/ME.Dan.

Guest Michael_CFII_SEL

Hi Dan,I have two computers, one has Windows 98 on it and one has Windows XP Pro. I use both computers on a daily basis. I refuse to pay Microsoft for an additional license to run Windows XP Pro on my second system, So I use (without problems) Windows 98 on my second system.Mike

Guest ps76

Maybe it only needs gdiplus.dll (like pmdg & fanda dash8)??I'm still using 98se too!!P

Me too :-) .

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

>Maybe someone could explain to me why people would hang on to>a 7 year old OS?, I couldnt wait to drop 98/ME.>>Dan.Certainly. I have ME. Everything I currently use works on ME so why change? I should add that I'm still on 2K2 so, obviously, a lot of the newer add-ons for 2K4 (if I had it) wouldn't work.I'm not a computer expert at all and am not sure if there is, or isn't, some clever way to install XP over my current ME with no probs at all. If there is, I may be interested. But then again, if everythings working, why change?Dan, don't take this the wrong way, I'm writing whilst fully respecting your opinion.Best!http://online.vatsimindicators.net/916312/3.png

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

>Maybe someone could explain to me why people would hang on to>a 7 year old OS?, I couldnt wait to drop 98/ME.>>Dan.I upgraded about 1 1/2 years ago from ME to WinXP Pro, but I still use Win98SE on my 500mhz Laptop, and see no reason to change it.I guess the same analogy and questions could be asked about people using 12 hours to download a product because they still use a dial up connection instead of paying more for something different like broadband, cable, dsl, etc....Some won't pay that money for a better Internet connection, and some don't see value in a new Operating system when the old one works just fine.I was miffed at Microsoft since upgrading from WinME to WinXP caused my MS Word 2000 to no longer work. So I adapted, and now I use the 100% Freeware OpenOffice.org Office Suite for my home and my business. I can still save in MS Formats, and create PDF's as well.I had a few other programs that no longer worked either, but I adapted. I still feel Win98SE was a decent OS, but WinME was terrible and never should have been released, IMHO.SO Dan, I think it all comes down to each person's expectations and what they value as well as their reasons may be different from yours.As for Flight1's Disclaimer on OS, I think they could have phrased it better, and move the statement up to reflect that it is not compatible with other OS, vs not supported, which has very common use definitions.But the person can get a refund, but Flight1 still needs to be more clear in their ads prior to purchase.Regards,Joe****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube. 

>I guess the same analogy and questions could be asked about>people using 12 hours to download a product because they still>use a dial up connection instead of paying more for something>different like broadband, cable, dsl, etc....>Not the same comparison.I would have loved to change over to DSL earlier than I did, but it wasn't available here. Cable is low quality.And as I paid by the minute for dialup my

I made a mistake and used the word discount when I meant Refund.Once you get WinXP Pro, let me know and I can help you out with hardware Profiles and stuff I learned over at Black Viper.I think the comparison is valid because it is still an expectation driven decision, in addition to cost. Maybe the $200 for WinXP, that person can't see the value in that, the same as you don't see the value in the English version right now because of cost.Regards,Joe****************Grab My FREEWARE Voice recognition Profiles here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=58334]Cessna 172 Voice Profile[/a][a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fs2004misc&DLID=60740]FSD Avanti Voice Profile[/a].You will need the main FREEWARE Flight Assistant program to use it, get it here:[a href=http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=genutils&DLID=39661]Flight Assistant 2.2[/a]

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.