Sign in to follow this  
chucky35uk

777 erratics autopilots problems.

Hi....does anyone else has an erratic autopilot issue on PMDG 777.

This doesn't happen in every flight...but my autopilot can erratically switch itself off and the plane begins to roll out of control until I manually take over. The last time it happened, I had just gone to the overhead panel to switch on the dome light. The ap warning sound continues for the rest of the flight....and won't let me re engage the ap.

Thanks for reading.

Chucky35uk.

Go to FMC, and the aircraft simulation options. You can find the "Resetable siren", or something like that text. Just check that and you can now turn off the autopilot siren.

This doesn't happen in every flight...but my autopilot can erratically switch itself off and the plane begins to roll out of control until I manually take over. The last time it happened, I had just gone to the overhead panel to switch on the dome light. The ap warning sound continues for the rest of the flight....and won't let me re engage the ap.

Hi - just as a note for this forum, specifically, real names are required as signatures - not just your username (anyone can see that at the top left of your post anyway).

As far as your issue goes, are you using a panel state to set your flight up?

Kyle Rodgers

I did try a panel state setup a while ago...which created even more instability......but now I create the flight manually....

Thanks again.

I've had the A/P disconnect and found the aircraft in a death spiral when coming back from checking the forum (or whatever), also experienced one event while I was watching and was able to get back under control.  It happens on rare occasion for me, I suspect that if the wx engine throws something completely irrational at the PMDG simulation it will trip A/P.

I just experienced an event 3 hrs into a long haul, and I have gone into ASN and turned off all turbulence, all up/down drafts and all shear. We'll see how long it takes if ever for another event to occure.

I can recommend that if your display has any stutter while in cruise, then you should adjust your maximum simulation rate and/or scenery display sliders to ensure smooth sailing. This isn't based on anything scientific, just my opinion and hopefully helpful.

Dan Downs KCRP

You didn't touch your controls or any other input by excident?

To re-engage the AP again you should maintain level flight before the 777 will let you re-engage it.

Pull out of the spiral, fly level and engage the AP.

I don't have any weather addon software.....had the weather set to real time. I will try the same flight again later today and report back.

Thanks for your replies.

The default real world weather, downloaded every 15 min from Jeppeson, will introduce very unrealistic wind shifts. I use a registered version of FSUIPC to limit FSX wind excursions. Many threads in this forum on this subject if you want to dig deeper.

Dan Downs KCRP

Morvious.....I did turn the dome lights on .....then disaster. However....I have uninstalled fsx, pmdg777 and ezdok......have reinstalled and last night flew egpf to eham and ran like a dream. I also kept a close eye on the wind to see if there was any spikes.

Will fly return leg tonight.....stand by.

Cheers gents.