Sign in to follow this  
Driver170

FCTM and FCOM

Does anyone know where i can get the boeing 737 FCOM and FCTM from? PMDG aren't selling at the moment and i'm not looking forward to printing off 300 + pages on my computer or will i lol

Thanks

Vernon Howells

Print? No, .pdf. That way you can search for things very quickly. Don't know where to find RTO info? CTRL+F RTO.

Matt Cee

I'm looking to buy the FCTM and FCOM online but can't find it.

Vernon Howells

Does anyone know where i can get the boeing 737 FCOM and FCTM from?

[OPINION]

I'm still at a loss as to why people want printed copies of that thing.

I know this is going to sound overly like someone's grandpa (and I'm really not that old), but:

When I was a kid, we didn't have the internet, and we didn't have searchable texts.  Finding information was all about being good at finding things by using terms and alternate terms in book indexes (perhaps this is why the current generation seems to suck at Googling things...) to find the right page, and then you'd have to speed read through said page just to get the information you were looking for (or find you that you needed a different term in the index (where you'd repeat said speed reading on another page)...

Then we have today, where we have the internet and manuals in some sort of searchable format, and people still somehow want to do it the old, slow way.  That's crazy to me.  I mean, I get that people might be thinking "this'll be cool - it'll be like I'm a real crew member," but besides that superficial feeling, you're stuck searching old-school-style through a printed manual, while the guy who just used the PDF version found what he needed in a few seconds.

Pretty unnecessary if you ask me...

[/OPINION]

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle i think i'll stick with my IPad and save myself some doe ££ lol

Vernon Howells

Kyle i think i'll stick with my IPad and save myself some doe ££ lol

Exactly - I have all my manuals on my iPad for reading at random, and I'll pull them up on my separate computer for searching (computer search is a lot better than the search on the iPad).

Kyle Rodgers

Yeh i do alot of reading on my IPad when i'm about, i suppose it can contain alot more than carrying dozens of manuals in your back pack lol

Yeh i agree alot of searching is done on my pc build

Vernon Howells

Kyle,

To be honest not everybody enjoys reading on ipad..i have hard copy as well as the soft copy on ipad..but i prefer to read hard copy as it causes less strain on the eyes than reading on ipad..

With hard copy i can just flip the pages along to any point..after a day of hard work sitting in front of computer screen paper takes that strain off..so its not about the cool factor but less strain on eyes..

Exactly - I have all my manuals on my iPad for reading at random, and I'll pull them up on my separate computer for searching (computer search is a lot better than the search on the iPad).

To be honest not everybody enjoys reading on ipad..i have hard copy as well as the soft copy on ipad..but i prefer to read hard copy as it causes less strain on the eyes than reading on ipad..
With hard copy i can just flip the pages along to any point..after a day of hard work sitting in front of computer screen paper takes that strain off..so its not about the cool factor but less strain on eyes..

Note the [OPINION][/OPINION] on my earlier post.  I never said anyone else had to like reading it on an iPad.  Heck, I don't even like reading things on computers/tablets, but I'll take that sacrifice for its usability and ease.  I can guarantee that I'll beat anyone to finding a topic on a PDF version of the document, while they flip through the pages by hand.  It also saves a metric ton of paper.

Kyle Rodgers