Sign in to follow this  
Skybus2000

Remove Lightening Effect

Good Day,

I love the B777 so much, initially I was always a 2D panel fan, but being on the B777 I am now 3D converted, just wish there was a way to eliminate the Flight Deck shifting when operating near the Equator during flight and on ground, couple of questions

1. Is Ezdock a good product to remove the cockpit drifting, I have searched on the web, and adjusted the Dynamic Head Movement to other users recommended settings, but this has no effect.

2. When operating near areas with convective activity, how can I stop the lightening effect in the VC, the constant flickering is quite annoying.

Many thanks

Lee

Good Day,

I love the B777 so much, initially I was always a 2D panel fan, but being on the B777 I am now 3D converted, just wish there was a way to eliminate the Flight Deck shifting when operating near the Equator during flight and on ground, couple of questions

1. Is Ezdock a good product to remove the cockpit drifting, I have searched on the web, and adjusted the Dynamic Head Movement to other users recommended settings, but this has no effect.

2. When operating near areas with convective activity, how can I stop the lightening effect in the VC, the constant flickering is quite annoying.

Many thanks

Lee

Lightning in real life is annoying as well. You could try avoiding storm cells, as we all should be anyhow? RE the eye point drift, there is no known way to really change it; it is hard coded into FSX. 

Ezdok does nothing to remove the viewpoint drift problem.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I am now going to remove Ezdoc because I want to get back to simple default control of my head position. Hope it works!

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Leave Ezdoc installed Richard and load different profiles dependent on where you are. Ezdoc can help you manage the situation.

Jason

Jason Jackett

Thanks - shame about this annoying drifting nearer the equator, but I guess I will just live with for now, even though you avoid storm cells, you still get the lightening effect, lightening is annoying in real life, but for today let's concentrate on FSX and the questions asked.

Leave Ezdoc installed Richard and load different profiles dependent on where you are. Ezdoc can help you manage the situation.

Jason

I don't see how different profiles can help. The best thing to do is set up your views for the worst case (on the equator). Wherever else you are the drift will be less.

Ezdok can't help as the drift changes with heading. Head motion effects can help make the drift less obvious but don't make controlling the sim any easier.

ki9cAAb.jpg

I don't see how different profiles can help. The best thing to do is set up your views for the worst case (on the equator). Wherever else you are the drift will be less.

Sure it can. I have an NGX profile saved for the Northern Hemi and the Southern Hemi. Seems to work well.

Jason Jackett

Thanks - shame about this annoying drifting nearer the equator, but I guess I will just live with for now, even though you avoid storm cells, you still get the lightening effect, lightening is annoying in real life, but for today let's concentrate on FSX and the questions asked.

I'm afraid you'll have to get used to it permanently as it's in FSX code and can't be changed. Opus were apparently looking at trying to fix the drift effect but unless that happens we are stuck with the it.

As for lightening I know what you mean but it should be spelled lightning. Lightening means making something lighter.

Sure it can. I have an NGX profile saved for the Northern Hemi and the Southern Hemi. Seems to work well.

Wherever you are the drift is there. Viewpoint changes as you change heading. Different profiles can't do anything about it.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Kevinh - thanks for that, my mistake, after doing further searches on the web, you are also correct with regards to the drift, did a flight in Helsinki, such a pleasure not to experience the drift as much if any, today did a flight in Singapore, boy I certainley noticed it.

Jason,

Thanks for saving me from deleting Ezdoc!

Does anyone have a comprehensive and satisfactory camera set for the B777 that they would share with me? My e-mail is speedbird747[at]ntlworld.com

Many thanks,

Regards, Richard

Cheers, Richard

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2 GHz, 16 GB memory, 1 TB SSD, GTX 1080 Ti, 28" 4K display

Win10-64, P3Dv5, PMDG 748 & 777, Milviz KA350i, ASP3D, vPilot, Navigraph, PFPX, ChasePlane, Orbx 

Richard

My solution may not help much as Kevin points out. I fly UK or NZ. Not much in between or across the equator so I found my different Northern and Southern saved settings useful for that scenario.

Kevin. Had meant to say thanks earlier for your comments.

Jason

Jason Jackett

Lightning in real life is annoying as well. You could try avoiding storm cells, as we all should be anyhow? RE the eye point drift, there is no known way to really change it; it is hard coded into FSX.

the camera function of OPUS FSX supposedly fixes this!

Ezdok does nothing to remove the viewpoint drift problem.

See above.

Too bad that OPUS FSX will not have the ASN weather radar function.

I'm afraid you'll have to get used to it permanently as it's in FSX code and can't be changed. Opus were apparently looking at trying to fix the drift effect but unless that happens we are stuck with the it.

And according to their manual (downloadable as PDF) as well as mentioned on their support forum....they have.

I have not tried it myself though.

Rob Robson

And according to their manual (downloadable as PDF) as well as mentioned on their support forum....they have.

I have not tried it myself though.

Interesting, I'll take a look. So we need ASN for weather radar in the 777 and Opus to eliminate eyepoint drift. My poor old PC won't be able to cope.

ki9cAAb.jpg

Sure it will.

If you use OPUS only for their camera function it should not eat up too much performance.

But using OPUS only for that and ASN for weather engine means you are basically trhowing away half the money :-(

Rob Robson