Sign in to follow this  
adi518

What do you think of a payware Fouga Magister?

I think this is one iconic, bad-&@($* aircraft. I really think it deserves a HIGH QUALITY payware. What do you think? :)

iShjH4C.jpg

Apologize for going a little off topic but just wanted to pass on a friendly reminder that we have changed our signature policy again and we are kindly asking everyone to please put their system specs and flight sim information in their respective "My Profile". More details can be found at the following link - http://forum.avsim.net/topic/436632-new-signature-rules or under the Forums tab above. Thanks for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I think you posted a copyrighted image from Airliners.net

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Aha. Didn't know that. Can it be edited? I just dug it up and put it here. We obviously do not have intentions to infringe anyone's copyright. May Jim or any other mod take care of this? have my apologies.

I tried it. It's very outdated, well freeware quality. Definitely not up to modern standards and definitely not as enjoyable as a good payware.

Hmm, well if you reject to the idea, it will be a long waiting. Hopefully, others think differently. Perhaps one of the devs would take it as their next project. I'm sure a lot of people would love to get a high quality version. The freeware has a 2d cockpit, well 3d, but the entire panel is just one low quality photoreal texture and it looks awful, so how can you say it's "good enough"? heh..

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1373.jpg

Hmm, well if you reject to the idea, it will be a long waiting. Hopefully, others think differently. Perhaps one of the devs would take it as their next project. I'm sure a lot of people would love to get a high quality version. The freeware has a 2d cockpit, well 3d, but the entire panel is just one low quality photoreal texture and it looks awful, so how can you say it's "good enough"? heh..

http://sapdaube.free.fr/fsx/daube_image1373.jpg

It's good enough because people have spent their spare time making it without ever expecting monetary compensation. It could have even lower resolution textures and it would still be good enough. Do you understand what I'm saying here?!

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

It's good enough because people have spent their spare time making it without ever expecting monetary compensation. It could have even lower resolution textures and it would still be good enough. Do you understand what I'm saying here?!

On a personal note, I think this airplane is of very good quality. You usually don't get photoreal with western freeware.

Mr. Bjoren, I understand perfectly what you mean, but that's not the point of the discussion. There's freeware and there's payware. Only in VERY rare occasions a freeware is as good (or better) than the payware. In this occasion, the freeware will definitely not surpass or equal a 2014+ payware. Also, the tone in your posts is harsh for no reason.

Mr. Bjoren, I understand perfectly what you mean, but that's not the point of the discussion. There's freeware and there's payware. Only in VERY rare occasions a freeware is as good (or better) than the payware. In this occasion, the freeware will definitely not surpass or equal a 2014+ payware. Also, the tone in your posts is harsh for no reason.

Disagree. Most Russian freeware is better than tons of payware...

The problem you are up against is a fairly basic one. While you obviously like this plane that does not necessarily mean that enough of the payware buyers out there are going to agree with you to make it worth a developer's time to build one. The amount of time and effort required to research and build a high-end model has to be balanced against how well that model will do in sales. You might get lucky and someone will do a reasonable rendition for a reasonable price, but I somehow doubt you will see any of the big names making one.

Milviz would be your best chance given their lean toward military aircraft and reputation for quality, but I would not be holding my breath on that possibility.