Sign in to follow this  
alulekk

Autogen - Any way to tweak the scale of things?

Are there any addon's/tweaks that can tune the physical scale of autogen in the sim?

The one major knock I have on the scenery in P3D (and FSX) is the scale of it.

The trees and autogen houses are usually way way too big for the distances you're viewing them at.

It has the effect of looking like a "model railroad city" or "lego land" or something like that. I wish LM would find a way to tweak the scaling of autogen (or provide options for it)

Your best bet is FTX Global by ORBX, which includes better-scaled autogen among other improvements.  The same is true of the ORBX regions as well.

I don't know of any way to change the scale of the default autogen but perhaps others so.

I agree that the scale is off and I have searched to see is there is any way to change the scale in FSX, but from what I understand, that is hard coded.  I really wish this could change in P3D because autogen that is too large gives a distortion in terms of speed and makes it seem like you are going slower that you actually are.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Good to hear I'm not alone on the Autogen.

I really hope that's on the P3D roadmap to be addressed.

+1 I end up switching all autogen off above 4-5000ft. At least it doesn't "pop" like in FSX  :rolleyes:

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I really hope that's on the P3D roadmap to be addressed.

Addressed in what manner? You make it sound like it's a problem. It might be for you, but maybe not for the masses?

Autogen is made super-sized to create a sense of fullness. Shrink the trees and buildings to a smaller size and then people will start to complain about the "sparse nature" of the autogen. Of course the autogen count can be increased, but then people will complain about the "performance impact" of the new autogen. See the slippery slope here?

P3D must be coming along OK if size of autogen is one of the "main issues". There is an alternative available to those that want smaller, more dense autogen. Design new models, texture them and then annotate all the texture sheets in the \Scenery\World\texture folder. Congratulations! You have just solved the "autogen size issue".

Addressed in what manner? You make it sound like it's a problem. It might be for you, but maybe not for the masses?

As I mentioned in the title of this post, I am simply hoping for a slider to tweak the Auto-gen scale to the liking of the user.

The default looks silly at certain altitudes.  

XPX's handling of autogen scale seems to be better.

There is an alternative available to those that want smaller, more dense autogen. Design new models, texture them and then annotate all the texture sheets in the \Scenery\World\texture folder. Congratulations! You have just solved the "autogen size issue".

That would not work unfortunately.  If you reduce the size of the autogen footprint, the height does not change (that is how it is coded), therefore, the autogen would look pretty bad.

• Like 1

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

About 5 years later and this is still a big issue (pun intended)... I was just observing autogen houses today, even with Orbx-everything it still looks so ugly!

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

20 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

About 5 years later and this is still a big issue (pun intended)... I was just observing autogen houses today, even with Orbx-everything it still looks so ugly!

HolyNecroPost_759032.jpg

Even though I do agree with the point you're making.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Can't really understand why LM didn't fix the wrong autogen building height, and they adding new feature like PBR.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

At least you acknowledge it’s a 5 year old topic, but you didn’t acknowledge that there’s no point in necroposting to it.

• Like 1

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator