Sign in to follow this  
bud7h7

need help with Realair Duke v2 - lost all click spots

I suddenly have no click spots anywhere. No switches, knobs etc respond to mouse clicks. No + / - pop ups, just dead. The aircraft is otherwise totally responsive, i.e. animations, flight controls, etc. I haven't run FSX in a few weeks, been running FS9 lately, but I'm almost certain this happened during my last Duke preflight and when I started FSX today the problem is still there.

This happens once in a while....  seems to be because of a higher load on FSX....

Did you just start with the cessna and switch to Duke or were you flying other addons before the Duke?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Hi Ryan, started with the default cessna and switched to the Duke. I'm about 90% sure this started after I had the aircraft loaded in my last FSX session, but like I said that was weeks ago so I'm not 100% sure.

Yes, this is a thing that just happens sometimes.

I am sure I read somewhere (duke manual maybe?) that if you reload the aircraft it will fix this missing clickspots. I will see if I can find where I saw this.

edit: I found it! Wasn't in the duke manual, but on the Avsim review for the Duke, about 1/3 of the way down; "Click Spots and Missing Click Spots". http://forum.avsim.net/page/index.html/_/reviews/aircraft/v2-piston-duke-from-realair-simulations-r1867

Thanks for the info! It says to try "reload aircraft" so I'll do that next time I fly. Hopefully it's not a conflict with EZdok.

I don't have EZdok, but my understanding is it shouldn't interfere with the switch clickspots. It may interfere with the Realview VC clickspots, but they can be turned off in the config program.

Or if your viewpoint is "behind" the seat - ie a piece of the model is between you and the clickspot that also won't work -ezdok could be a factor here to

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Loaded the Duke and all was good for about a minute, then there was a blip in the terrain textures as if something major had just occured, and immediately lost my click spots. I shut down, and let FSX create a new fsx.cfg, so far so good. Doing a flight now, thunderstorms, good framerates, smooth, no issues with clicks.

Contact RealAir support and explain your problem. They will send you a link to download a file that corrects this problem. RealAir will tell you that the file may cause some light anomalies but I haven't seen any yet.

Interesting. I experienced this only last week, for the first time ever, following a fresh reinstall. The only thing that had changed, is I had installed the Saitek switch panel via LINDA...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I just took off in the DV2 and climbing out PAVD to PANC  ( after reading this thread) not anticipating any problems and got the click spot error for the second time in 20 or so flights and annoyed because I put a lot of planning into this leg.

However, the good news is I read somewhere that cycling through views several times using key "A" should work , and it did.

edit

just went into fsuipc to make a few adjustments and now click spot gone again and cycling will not work. Lucky I have A/P hardware

ZORAN

Contact RealAir support and explain your problem. They will send you a link to download a file that corrects this problem. RealAir will tell you that the file may cause some light anomalies but I haven't seen any yet.

I'll contact them, thanks for the heads up!

I had this happen to me also and what fixed it for me is I paused the sim then hit alt enter to make fsx go into a small window instead of full screen and moved my mouse around and opened a file on my desktop closed the file put fsx back in fullscreen and my clickspots returned..  almost like the mouse forgot what it was doing until I "reminded" it .   just my 2 bits

I stopped using this plane because of this issue. I constantly have this problem and got seriously sick and tired of it and none of the suggested solutions helped. I never had this issue with any other plane.

I'm pretty sure that it's related to EZdok, but there aren't any good alternatives for EZdok (the camera in OpusFSX is bad), but there are hundreds of other planes to pick from, so the choice was easy. It's a pity, because it's nice plane, it just happens to conflicts with Ezdok.

Others who use Ezdok might claim that they don't have the problem, but that's probably because of the version they use and how they've set up Ezdok.

I think what has been shown is there are many factors that can cause this issue. I originally had it in the F1 King Air and in the Duke. F1s mods solved that one for me however I would have it on and off in the Duke. I finally realized my liquid cooling system was inop and my temps were way too high. A new cooling system and the problem with the Duke immediately disappeared and has not returned.