Sign in to follow this  
Guest MattNW

My view on the LDS767 (yes, I know enough of the 767 already!!!)

Wow, what is the deal with the support forums?Anyway, if you like big jets with FMC's this one is for you. It does beat the PMDG 737 (no offense to the 737, but addons keep getting better and better!) I can't wait for the 747.And remember the worse thing that could happen is you lose $40. You could go out to dinner at some place and get lousy food for that. :)I had no trouble learning the 767, my first test flight ended up being a full no problems flight. However I think the PMDG 757 taught me alot about this plane, cause they say the 757 and 767 flight deck are the same or something.C'mon, take a chance in life! :)

Guest mruane

Well Timers, I guess we all have our own view of what's better or worse. I don't think it does beat the PMDG737. They are two different aircraft each with their own strengths and weaknesses. If you want an immersive VC experience then the PMDG737 is probably a better buy. The graphics quality is simply better. However if you want more systems simulated including F/O and cabin crew contributions then the 767 might be a better buy.Frankly, if I had to remove some payware because of disk space, it wouldn't be either of those two for sure. There was also a message from Flight1 in another thread regarding the $40. You don't even risk loosing that on the 767. They have a full money back gurantee.

Guest B52Drivr

Dan and all,Well, as I mentioned in the other post, I broke down and bought the Level D. First few flights were horrid, had problem with FSUIPC, but once I deleted the .ini file for FSUIPC and let it generate a new one the trim problem was solved.After another few hits and miss's, I finally did a flight from KBOS to KROC, without the FMC, (still have to break down and learn that one), and I have to admit, it's one nice aircraft. It does what it is suppose to do, handles like a 'heavy' and has all the nice manners that I would expect from a first class FS add-on.I'm thinking once I learn the FMC, it might be really intersting to do it by the numbers, like the 767 pro's do. Of course, I'm still a dyed in the wool 'hand flyer', but I'm willing to give it the ole college try.Pleasantly surprised this evening after a good flight. Best,Clayhttp://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/F...ers/Dopke01.jpgClayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (retired)"Drac"

RicardoGreat post. I too can't bear the groupies, wetting themselves as they out-do each other with hysterical praise. And you're right about the PMDG 747. It's going to be like the Second Coming..IanReserved Englishman

Dianne,I was reading another thread about VC gauge fluidity and read what you wrote about your expectations.. FYI the fluidity in LevelD is not that great, it is because of too many sections in the VC (stated by the developers) and that nothing can be done about it... However if you dont mind flying from the 2D panel, I would definitely recommend purchasing this product!Regards,John

Wheres the PMDG 757 then?All the best,Dave.'Three greens and soft landings'

Dave Taylor gb.png

>Wheres the PMDG 757 then?That was for FLY!, not for FS.Michael J.WinXP-Home SP2,AMD64 3500+,Abit AV8,Radeon X800Pro,36GB Raptor,1GB PC3200,Audigy 2

"...I think they are worthy, however misguided."No sir, not misguided, just curious.btPS...I won't "get over it".

Hi Diane,"I guess I'm simply too much of a a perfectionist. Oh well, too late to change now."I will appreciate your perfectionism if I ever fly in your airspace :)On the LDS B763, I have this product and while I've had some of the issues that others have had, I'm most happy with the product. It's no easy task to come up to speed with this bird. There's no sample flight, although it's all in the manual. If people can tolerate working with LDS to get it right, it will be a winner. I've flown several flights and have had minimal issues.Bruce.

Guest MattNW

Just a 2 cents and probably all it's worth but my opinion is that the support forum should be at least "Read Only" if you don't own the product. Why? Because that's the first place I look when deciding to purchase an add on for MSFS. I check the support forum and see what issues are cropping up and how they are being dealt with. It's a good quick way to check out the product and make a decision on whether to spend my money on it or wait until it's working right.Don't get me wrong. I really like Flight One products. Haven't had a bad one yet but I still give the support forum a glance before purchasing.Personally I'm waiting on the Bonanza. That'll probably be my next purchase. That is if they don't surprise everyone with IWI Pt 4 first.