Sign in to follow this  
Matthew Kane

Possible Air Force One to New Zealand

Not going to get political but their has been an invitation sent out twice and an indication that it might happen now. Would be amazing to see Air Force One VC-25 in New Zealand. 

I don't think they can land Air Force One in Wellington (National Capital), but that would be awesome if they could. Runway is too small from what I know (6,827 foot runway). They can land the 777's in Wellington and have for photo ops, and they used to land 747SP's in Wellington as regular service.

Would be very cool if the VC-25 came to Wellington but not sure if it ever landed on a runway this short.

Matthew Kane

Maybe if they kick a few reporters off ahead of time Matthew, she'll be able to land on that 6800 footer :lol:

Chris Sunseri

Maybe if they kick a few reporters off ahead of time Matthew, she'll be able to land on that 6800 footer :lol:

Yes that is true...because reporters have really big heads, you can save lots of weight right there  :lol:

Matthew Kane

If they did visit, it'd probably land in CHC or AKL then make way to Wellington on one of their 757 aircraft.

The USA would never allow a foreign nation to fly the President.

In the past Bill Clinton made it to Christchurch for a state visit but I seriously doubt they would use the RNZAF 757's as an Air Force One to bring a President into Wellington. Bringing the US 757 would be costly for a short hop as well, but if they did it would look awesome in Wellington.

Matthew Kane

The USA would never allow a foreign nation to fly the President.

In the past Bill Clinton made it to Christchurch for a state visit but I seriously doubt they would use the RNZAF 757's as an Air Force One to bring a President into Wellington. Bringing the US 757 would be costly for a short hop as well, but if they did it would look awesome in Wellington.

I didn't mean RNZAF.. rather the USAF 757's.. And what's another few million when they fly out C-17's and other aircraft

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

When the President of the United States of America has finally arrived in Wellington - what are you going to do with him anyway?    :P

Shout him a cold beer and a plate of Fish n Chips Olli :lol:

And a warm jacket if he should get wind LOL

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Yeah I am not really interested in seeing the President.....Just the aircraft. Soon the VC-25 will be retired so these are the last chances to see it.

Matthew Kane