Sign in to follow this  
Richard Sennett

CS 777 WIP Oneworld

Thanks Guy - coming along nicely - I would think this weekend it would be delivered - WIP

2zi3q4p.jpg

Rich Sennett

Even though the shot was at dusk I will try to come close to real color and tone down reflection as you can see this color is not highly reflective - just did a quick photoshop adjustment on image shown above but real textures will need some tweaking as it is to dark - hence WIP

54fyoi.jpg

Rich Sennett

As it is a gloss paint on the real aircraft, the reflection level you currently have looks about right.

The silver AA uses is not particularly flashy though.

The silver color that Spirit uses would have looked much better and would have looked more like the legacy bare metal.

So I can take poison on that CS finally did a good job with the V1.4 release? I see more and more praising words for their aircraft. 9,99 sale I will buy their L1011 and the 777-200/300 if it's that good! I like the Electronic Flight Bag by the way. Can I use my navigraph charts easily with that feature?

Nice livery by the way!

Regards,

Peter

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

As it is a gloss paint on the real aircraft, the reflection level you currently have looks about right.

The silver AA uses is not particularly flashy though.

The silver color that Spirit uses would have looked much better and would have looked more like the legacy bare metal.

Ok great then I will tone it down just a little bit

JUST SUPERB!!!!

Thanks Mario - appreciate it

So I can take poison on that CS finally did a good job with the V1.4 release? I see more and more praising words for their aircraft. 9,99 sale I will buy their L1011 and the 777-200/300 if it's that good! I like the Electronic Flight Bag by the way. Can I use my navigraph charts easily with that feature?

Nice livery by the way!

Regards,

Peter

Thanks Pete - I would assume you could use charts just have convert them to right viewing format - I have not gotten to the efb yet

Rich Sennett

Hey Rich, here's some pics I took at LAX Friday before last that show the shine level on the new AA paint.

Hope this helps you to some degree and sorry for the crap quality of the pics.. of course I go and get a new galaxy s5 THIS week with the 16mb cam AFTER the trip...

I'll see if I can clean these up after work if you want.

aa1.jpgaa2.jpgaa3.jpgaa4.jpg

Richard,

The paint that they use on the new American livery has a different look depending on whether the sun is shining or not. If the sun is shining it almost has a metal flake pearlescence to it. If it's cloudy, it almost looks like a primer grey. It's much better looking when the sun is shining.

NAX669.png

Hey Rich, here's some pics I took at LAX Friday before last that show the shine level on the new AA paint.

Hope this helps you to some degree and sorry for the crap quality of the pics.. of course I go and get a new galaxy s5 THIS week with the 16mb cam AFTER the trip...

I'll see if I can clean these up after work if you want.

aa1.jpgaa2.jpgaa3.jpgaa4.jpg

Richard,

The paint that they use on the new American livery has a different look depending on whether the sun is shining or not. If the sun is shining it almost has a metal flake pearlescence to it. If it's cloudy, it almost looks like a primer grey. It's much better looking when the sun is shining.

Awesome info guys appreciate the reference can never get enough - she sure is shiny - nice shots - looks like I will be busy this weekend  :good: 

Rich Sennett

Here ya go Rich!

A look at American Airlines paint shop painting process for the new AA livery.

It pains me to see that. That's the one US Airways paintjob we're had that I liked since we went from the clean aluminum skin.

NAX669.png

real color and tone down reflection as you can see this color is not highly reflective

Rich, love that color and I'm ok with less specular ... assume specular map?  I do like realistic, but I honestly don't want to wear sunglasses while I fly ... I have some pride in my dorkness level :)

Cheers, Rob.

Lookin good Richard!  I know trying to get the alpha and spec maps right can be 10 times harder than actually painting the plane.  There is no reference you can use like you can on the raw paint...its just a LOT of trial and error in and out of the sim!

It's gonna be great when its done!  I know you don't do FSX anymore and unfortunately PMDG is showing up late to the P3d party (and with a diamond-studded dress it seems from the way they are wording their statements about the cost of their products in P3d),

With that said, I'd love to see this paint on the bird in my native sim (I'm still an FSX'r for the foreseeable future).

I don't know how much different the texture maps are between the CS and PMDG 777s, but if they are not too crazy and you're willing to give me permission (and your master fuse psd file), I could map her over to the PMDG version.

I did this once already on a POSKY to LevelD paint of Ed Cox's excellent AA photo paint.  Was pretty hard but well worth the effort.

Let me know.

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks Skully - I will check it out - actually a very helpful video

Rich, love that color and I'm ok with less specular ... assume specular map?  I do like realistic, but I honestly don't want to wear sunglasses while I fly ... I have some pride in my dorkness level :)

Cheers, Rob.

Rob your wish is my command Buddy

Lookin good Richard!  I know trying to get the alpha and spec maps right can be 10 times harder than actually painting the plane.  There is no reference you can use like you can on the raw paint...its just a LOT of trial and error in and out of the sim!

It's gonna be great when its done!  I know you don't do FSX anymore and unfortunately PMDG is showing up late to the P3d party (and with a diamond-studded dress it seems from the way they are wording their statements about the cost of their products in P3d),

With that said, I'd love to see this paint on the bird in my native sim (I'm still an FSX'r for the foreseeable future).

I don't know how much different the texture maps are between the CS and PMDG 777s, but if they are not too crazy and you're willing to give me permission (and your master fuse psd file), I could map her over to the PMDG version.

I did this once already on a POSKY to LevelD paint of Ed Cox's excellent AA photo paint.  Was pretty hard but well worth the effort.

Let me know.

Hi Stevie - thanks Buddy - paint will be the same for both versions so no problem - as fro spec its really just a matter of turning the map down or up in brightness but you know that :) just have to make sure your not adding gloss to things that should not have it like the wheels  :) looking forward to see what you come up with next maybe some day I can load yours into P3D on the PMDG 777

Rich Sennett

Hi Guys:

Well here is an update - I was not happy with base color as it really is a clean bird and going crazy and getting artsy with it was not good so pretty happy now - rest should be easy as the base paint can make or break this paint, it will be a pretty clean paint so still wip but coming along now

2ujjjpz.jpg

Let me know.

Sorry Steve I missed your post - the spec map is just a rectangle - so no mystery in CS777 spec creation I just brighten or darken depending on how much reflection you want  - I like easy lol

Rich Sennett