Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

My Documents is not accessable permission denied?

I am the sole user of my PC. I am the owner of my PC, and somehow windows 8 has denied me the ability to access my documents, at least from radar contact. What do I do to get permission?

Have a read of this Microsoft article. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2623670

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I am not familiar with Win 8 but am with Win 7. Did you set up a shortcut to rcv4.exe? Did you set both user and program level access to run as admin?

Once your shortcut is set up at least in Win 7 right click on it and select properties. Click on set as admin. Click Advanced. On this second window click to check run as admin. Click OK to get back to the first window. Click Apply to save changes. Click OK to close properties window.

This should allow access by RC. Is it the same in Win 8 as Win 7? Win 8.1 allows you to  switch to the classic desktop interface.

Also be sure you have updated fsuipc for the latest versions.

Are you saying you can not browse to your document folder to FS or FSX Simulator Files? Be sure your flt/wx path is correct.

Follow the suggestions in the link Ray provided to insure you have ownership of the documents folder and sub folders required. Same for FS itself.