Sign in to follow this  
fiftysix

Issue with draw distance in P3D 2.2

You are still missing the point. We aren't talking 20-30 nm, we are talking a couple miles. Video and pictures just don't do it justice

I understand your frustration, but it's going to be hard for any of us to "get the point" if video and pictures don't show it, I'm sure you'd agree.

I've noticed similar issues recently but haven't yet been able to narrow down the cause or identify what might have changed on my system.  Will keep working the problem and I'll report back if I can find anything.  In the meantime will be following this discussion in the hope that someone here can come up with a diagnosis.  

Hi guys... really appreciate all your responses here. All very constructive and I take them all with gratitude.

But for me, its not like I am a 'new bee' who's installed P3D for the first time and unable to get it running on my system correctly. My situation is completely different to that.

See, I have been running P3D2 since launch without any hiccups or problems. I know my system inside out and what my hardware is capable of. I know every tweak under the sun. I also worked with Orbx in beta testing, screenshot artist and development.

I think I made the boo boo when i installed Orbx Compton Abbass. As its not P3D ready, something that was not compatible must have corrupted something.

Think for me it will be a reinstall.... but P3D 2.3 is very close to release so I will hang out until then me thinks.

Thank you all for your help and support 

John L

Have you optimised the Affinity Mask parameter in prepar3d.cfg for your machine?

If not may I respectfully suggest that as a test that you set *all* your CPU cores running with P3D to see if that makes a difference. On my 4-core processor it made most of my blurries disappear.

Your mileage may vary but it may be worth doing.

Yes, I always set the affinity using the task manager option. Always close programs down I don't use. HDD is defrayed regularly using ultimate defrag.

Like I say, never ever had issues like this before.. I am convinced its an issue when I installed a non compatible P3D add on 

Thanks very much for you help :)

John L

A stab in the dark - are you using nvidia Inspector/nvidia control panel to set graphics settings?

If so disable it by resetting the P3D profile to defaults, and instead set Anisotropic Filtering to Max in Prepar3D (and Antialiasing).

A stab in the dark - are you using nvidia Inspector/nvidia control panel to set graphics settings?

If so disable it by resetting the P3D profile to defaults, and instead set Anisotropic Filtering to Max in Prepar3D (and Antialiasing).

I use to use n/inspector for p3d 1.4 but uninstalled it since acquiring 2.2. But I will give that suggestion a shot.. thanks very much for the suggestion! :)

Just thinking, could it be something to do with tessellation? Might try and play around with that slider and see what results I get from that.

John L

Please let us know your thoughts? There's definitely a lack of focus and autogen at a distance.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Please let us know your thoughts? There's definitely a lack of focus and autogen at a distance.

I'll try tonight and maybe make a couple of more clearer videos to show this.

It was Orbx's Compton Abbas I installed.. I am more than convinced this was the culprit behind this issue. 

But with 2.3  a day or two away, I may start again.. this time being ultra careful only to install P3D ready sceneries. Patience is a virtue :)

That's odd - maybe something in the Orbx setup is corrupting P3D. I get the same issue as you but with just FTX Global/Vector.

I do hope V2.3 fixes this and other small issues. Am on the verge of getting my money back and doing something less "tweak intensive" ;)

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

But with 2.3  a day or two away

Just wondering where you got this information.  Hopefully it is true.  :)

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Just wondering where you got this information.  Hopefully it is true.  :)

Its in beta testing now and there are already screenshots up already.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80631-pngboridi-an-aerial-view-using-the-latest-p3d-v23-beta/

New patch will be mainly on improving performance, especially cloud shadows.Feedback on this is that performance is greatly improved with cloud shadows!... I have the option to beta test, but due to my issues here, opted out for now.