Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

DCS Flight Recorder Function

Thx Robert, that was a great hint!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I too love to do aerobatics & replay them in DCS & FSX., admiring my skills :lol:

Here's how you do it in DCS:

1:st assign keys to: Lock view(cycle padlock), zoom external in, zoom external out (you have to do it for every single aircraft separately).

When you replaying a track, you're in the cockpit initially, press pause!.....to go to "tower view" you have to find the airport you're at by pressing F10, the airport you're on will have a red little symbol in lower right corner.

When you have found the airport, move the view w the mouse on the aircraft & press "Lock view(cycle padlock)" key, this will lock the view on the aircraft...unpause & use "zoom external in", "zoom external out" key's.

You can use "Lock view(cycle padlock)" in a flyby (F3)...say the plane is in the middle of the rwy on takeoff roll...it will lock the camera & track your plane.

Last night, I tried to assign 'zoom external in' and 'zoom external out' functions to the '-' and '+' keys as per FSX/P3D.  When i returned to the replay mode and used F3 (flyby), i couldn't zoom either in or out.   I will follow your method this evening.

Apart from just watching things, :rolleyes: ......last night I made a serious attempt at learning the weapon systems on the Su25 by doing the tutorials.  That was fun, but all the key assignments drive me nuts.  Is there a pdf document about with all of the key assignments in DCS?  Tonight, I'm going to try to assign the weapon functions to my joystick buttons.

With that said, are you able to assign one button to cycle through the weapon modes, i.e air-to-air, air-to-ground, which I think are the 6 and 7 keys on the keyboard, and then another button to cycle between the different armaments within each mode?  That would make things easier.

Apart from just watching things, :rolleyes: ......last night I made a serious attempt at learning the weapon systems on the Su25 by doing the tutorials.  That was fun, but all the key assignments drive me nuts.  Is there a pdf document about with all of the key assignments in DCS?  Tonight, I'm going to try to assign the weapon functions to my joystick buttons.

That's one of the reasons I:

1) Don't want to get into the weapon systems - way too distracting from what is really important to me in a flightsim

2) Don't like clickless cockpits :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

With that said, are you able to assign one button to cycle through the weapon modes, i.e air-to-air, air-to-ground, which I think are the 6 and 7 keys on the keyboard, and then another button to cycle between the different armaments within each mode?  That would make things easier.

I don't think so, but if you have joystick with profile software you can make macro for master modes (1,6,7,8). Weapon change is at D. Cannon is at C

http://www.checksix-fr.com/downloads/lockon/FC2/Docs/LOCKON_FC2_Keycommands_Su-25_EN.pdf

I too love to do aerobatics & replay them in DCS & FSX., admiring my skills :lol:

Here's how you do it in DCS:

1:st assign keys to: Lock view(cycle padlock), zoom external in, zoom external out (you have to do it for every single aircraft separately).

When you replaying a track, you're in the cockpit initially, press pause!.....to go to "tower view" you have to find the airport you're at by pressing F10, the airport you're on will have a red little symbol in lower right corner.

When you have found the airport, move the view w the mouse on the aircraft & press "Lock view(cycle padlock)" key, this will lock the view on the aircraft...unpause & use "zoom external in", "zoom external out" key's.

You can use "Lock view(cycle padlock)" in a flyby (F3)...say the plane is in the middle of the rwy on takeoff roll...it will lock the camera & track your plane.

Worked perfectly! Thanks Robert