Sign in to follow this  
Holger

Water Squares British Columbia.

I would appreciate help with the following problem....If I fly in British Columbia between Needles and Castlegar I seem to have 2 squares at the bottom of a couple of valleys which on Close inspection have turned out to be water! I therefore deleted all my scenery enties above layer 38 in the scenery.cfg file but the squares were still apparent. I attch a picture of the problem & if you can point me in the right direction my thanks should be taken very greatly.RegardsMatt

Oh no don't know what i've done now. I seem to have lost water in lakes & valleys in the area - HELP!!!

Guest panda234

Funny you mention this. I flew from CYVR to CYYC last night and noticed the same type of thing A lake was a series of blue squares rather than a body of blue water with shorelines. Not too sure where it was, but close to the BC-Alberta border.billg

Howdy,that's probably a "side effect" of uninstalling or deactivating a landscape scenery that replaces the default water bodies without reversing the installation steps ;-)In this case you're looking for the original copies of HP916130.bgl and/or HP916140.bgl, which belong in your FS9SceneryNamwscenery folder. If you had my bcmesh9d/9e/p2 installed according to the instructions they should still be in that directory but renamed to *.bgl.org.Or, it could be that you're using a USA-wide water replacement package, which would require you to also disable those default files because they extend south across the border. In that case you're stuck with one (water in the US) or the other (water in southern B.C.).Hope that helps.Cheers, Holger