Sign in to follow this  
Garciamk3g

Modle converter X batch Convertion process

Hello everyone I've been very uncomfortable with the way model converter X has been exporting my BGLs. Say for example you have 60 objects in one BGL Instead of model converter X converting A single BGL and its contents its been converting its contents as single BGLs and this is quite annoying because instead of Having it export one BGL with it's contents you end up with 60 BGLs as modle converter x converts each object within the BGL as single BGLs. I can always export them manually and this will work but. It's quite time consuming. Is there a Way that I can set up model converter X so that it will batch convert multiple BGL 's with its contents still intact.

Ps I'd prefer to batch convert as this preserve the objects Gui's and it's much faster then exporting them one at a time..

Why not ask Arno at www.fsdeveloper.com ?

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Tried looking for a way of contacting Arno directly by going into list of members and even tried posting a thread but unfortunately I just created a new account with FS developer and confirmed the Email so privileges to send messages, follow members and post new threads are not yet granted.

Until then if anyone can't shine some light into this thread and point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated as I have tons of work to do and prefer not to sit in front of the computer exporting BGLs 1at a time

UPDATE: Im guessing batch convert option is mainly used to convert Single objects and not intended to be used for BGL's winch i think explains why im experiencing the above mentioned issue. Any  ideas thanks in advanced....

I guess I am not following what you want to do.

As I understand it you want to use FSX object libraries in FS9.

I would think many of them would work without need to do anything except change the texture format.

Can you not drop the FSX object library on MCX, "Export Scenery", and select "FS2004 BGL file"?

It works for me and I don't get individual files for each model. I get a .bgl with a different name than the FSX .bgl, it is named after the first model in the FSX .bgl.

This is OK as the file name has no impact on how the file works.

If you set Options > Exporter settings > PreserveGUIDOnExport to True your placement code should still work.

Also make sure you are using the latest development release and not v1.3.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

I guess I am not following what you want to do.

Joe

Hello Joe im actually converting my FSX scenery Required LIB for example Ozx LIB. Id like to convert the LIB to work in FS9 as a batch for there freeware OZX Scenery the large ammount of LIB is quite time consuming to export individually

V1.0 LIB and 1.1 once installed has over 190 BGLS and that takes up alot of time then i have Convert the textures (Considering that Exporting alone does not give you the option to convert the texture) and the only way i know how to do this all at the same time is the Batch conversion method witch works great exept that it Exports each object as a single BGL out of that single BGL so for example if i want to Batch convert  1 BGL out of the 190 that has 60 objects compiled to it i end up with 60 BGls after the conversion is done for just that one BGL

Use MCX to convert the .bgl as I described above.

Go to http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/index.htm and get ConvImX, it is on the Beta Programs tab.

With ConvImX you can convert every texture in a folder with a couple mouse clicks.

regards,

Joe

sigbar.gif

Ok. I think I understand now what you are still doing what you are doing despite having been told the way Joe mentioned before and why it still isn't working for you.

First: you need to realize that converting FSX objects to FS9 WILL take some time. There is NO WAY AROUND THAT.

Therefore, you need to think about what will be the most efficient way.

When you use the Batch Conversion wizard to convert multiple FSX libraries at the same time, MCX will save each object as a separate BGL - which is a PITA and far more trouble than it's worth. In the end, it's more efficient to manually convert each FSX library separately using the normal "Save as FS2004 BGL" option - because that will consolidate each library appropriately.

It is true that that option does not automatically convert the textures. It's most efficient to run a separate batch file to convert the textures simultaneously. I'll send you the batch files I use - so check your email.