Sign in to follow this  
Dalton0190

Version 6.45 Released

what's new? I don't found any changelog!

I'm French, sorry for my bad english 🙂

It's at http://www.voxatc.com/Home.aspx/News

Changelog:

23 June 2014 Version 6.45 Released

This release greatly improves and fixes problems previous versions of VoxATC had with interfacing to FSX or P3D. There are therefore improvements to AI behaviour and problems with VoxATC spontaneously pausing or being stuck paused have been fixed

...works great so far!  :wub:

smooth and reliable with Windows 8.1 and Prepar3d 2.2

Great news! Just to double check:

1) 6.45 is a full installer, so the previous version must be uninstalled?

2) 6.45 no longer works with VoxPop server, so it has to be uninstalled?

3) Buy new voices to replace the VoxPOP voices?

Thanks for the help once again!

P.S reason for the questions, that I'm live streaming a FSX flight tomorrow and thinking of upgrading VoxATC before the flight.

Hi Jarkko

1. Yes

2. I don't use it anymore. And it is not working either. So yes, remove it.

3. No idea at the moment. I use the free ones.

Best

Patrick

Great to hear crashmax!

Following install instructions on the download page - yes uninstall current version before install. I didn't see the voxpop voice support issue, so would expect them to work also - after reinstalling them in new system perhaps?

I will install tonight or tomorrow and give it a spin.

John

Ok, so I have now upgraded from 6.05 to 6.45 and did a flight from CYEG to KPDX. Some positive things and a handful of problems.

Good things first:

1) I got VoxPop working with 6.45.

After the install, the VoxPop server refused to start. Lucky for me, I had saved the working VoxATC folder before the uninstall.

After I replaced the voxpop folder inside the new installation folder (broken) with the one found in the old (working) installation folder, the VoxPOP came alive.

2) I like how the AI traffic is handled in the new version.

Next the not so good parts:

1) I wasn't given an initial altitude for the departure (vectoring). The problem is that there was no altitude info in the charts or the navdata. I decided to climb to 5000 and hope I got it right.

2) The radio ping-pong is still there: After contoller Y send me to controller X, the Controller X sends me back to Y after initial contact.

3) VoxATC becomes unresponsive for couple of seconds after reading back instructions. It wan't respond to any keyboard or joystick click commands.

4) Arrival to KPDX was a disaster. I was kept quite high. Once I requested lower for arrival, I was sent down to 6000ft. Five seconds later, I was told to descent to FL180... 

5) VoxATC ATIS for KPDX didn't work. It was reporting default "ISA" weather (temp 14, winds calm, baro 29.91, runway 3) even though the FSX ATIS was reporting the correct weather (winds from 110 at 4, baro 30.09, runway 28R) in the background.

6) Approach was even worse, than arrival: "Fly heading 145, descent to 2900ft". Then couple of seconds later: "Fly heading 360, climb and maintain 8000ft". ATC had me flying away from the airport, and froze. Once I had flown away from the airport, even crossed the start of the STAR (SEA VOR), and still no directions from ATC, I restarted VoxATC.

7) After the restart, all went fine until vectoring on the downwind for rwy28. I was told to descend to 2900ft. As I was flying in the dead of night, I wondered why the aircraft was telling me that my gear should be down.

I soon realized, that the radio altimeter was showing about 300ft even though I was flying at 2900ft. I was flying into a mountain! Had to manually climb like crazy, while ATC kept on telling me to immediately descend to 2900ft.

8) Taxi instructions were odd at KPDX. I was told to taxi to G26 via T to B6 and hold short 28L. The problem? Taxiway Tango would have taken me direct to gate G26. No need to cross any runway using B6.

So... The betting handling of AI, especially during cruise is great, but... there are still a lot of things, that can and do go wrong.

Jarkko,

What was your full FSX flight plan and altitudes expected (e.g. SID/STAR whatever)?

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

One flight from PAKT PAJN this morning in Majestic Dash-8 Q400.  Very pleased with results.  No Fatal errors, although I followed the ATC (dodging mountains as best I could) rather than selecting RNAV approach like I would normally do.  So...I'll see how it does on future flights - but so far I'm very pleased (no pause problem and no loss of connection in the middle of flight).  The only issue I had was on taxi for takeoff - vox window told me to taxi to the runway while the controller continued to ask me if I copied his last request.  I tried again - but it had already recognized that I was cleared to taxi per the message on the screen.  He continued to ask me if I copied until I was taking the runway - at which point I was given the message to state I was taking the runway - as one would expect to see.  So...in spite of this glitch - it recovered nicely and the flight went on without problem.

I found that it didn't want to install when I had disabled my UIAutomationCore.dll files (fix for fsx freeze on some systems).  The installer worked after I re-enabled those files.  I think I can disable them later if I get freezes during flight.  I've had freezes with Majestic (even with the new UIAutomationCore file), so have those disabled normally unless if have issues with other programs (like the newest version of Plan-G).

I would also suggest repeating the update process after install (rwy number update, indexer, and UT2 bridge if installed).  This might clear up some issues.  While I see that the indexer ran automatically on install, I don't think the rwy number updater did.  That's why I would redo this entire process.

John

Jarkko,

What was your full FSX flight plan and altitudes expected (e.g. SID/STAR whatever)?

Here is the plan for CYEG to KPDX:

N0447F360 DCT YEG DCT YXC/N0446F380 J505 SEA HELNS5

This means that my FSX flight plan started from YEG and ended at SEA with cruise altitude of FL360

I think I was assigned DEVON1.20 departure and HELNS5.SEA arrival.