Sign in to follow this  
Dalton0190

Version 6.45 Released

John,

"I've had freezes with Majestic (even with the new UIAutomationCore file), so have those disabled normally unless if have issues with other programs (like the newest version of Plan-G)."

The problems with install and others you mentioned is not normal .. and you never really sort out what software is causing which problem. Unless, it is a widespread problem (many pilots reporting it)  and a vendor can duplicate it.

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Not sure what you're trying to say  Vonmar.  There were only two problems I specifically mentioned regarding Voxatc current version:

1.  Vox repeatedly asking if I copied last message after giving me "taxi to runway" message.  For this I think is a minor bug in current version.

2.  Install problem (failed after "select simulator", and wouldn't run runway indexer).  This I assumed was due to my disabling the file UIAutomationCore.dll.  My assumption was apparently correct because the install was successful after enabling those files on my system.

I post these for two reasons - The first is (with my problem number 1) that I think is a minor bug that might need tweaking by the vendor.  The second (with problem number 2) to alert others who may have the FSX tweak of disabling that dll file, that they can properly install Voxatc by restoring that file.  This is not a problem with the software for the vendor to deal with, but a 'heads-up' to other users who may have not identified the problem (same with the Plan-G app) that they need to restore their dll file to work these programs.

Overall my first test flight went very well with the minor exception of that noted - a great improvement over version 6.34.

John

Jarkko,

You are not sure of the departure that was in your plan?

I seen that you also had some problems with the initial installation .. folders .. whatever ...

Maybe something got messed up?

You mentioned problems with the arrival ..... did you not use the HELNS5 STAR .. which has mandatory crossing altitude and route.

You did not mention exactly where you were at which (wrong) altitude / speed / waypoint(s) during the STAR ....

Maybe it would be a good Idea to do the Sample IFR flight .. then see if there are problems.

Are you away from your PC and cannot check on specific information while posting here?

Best Regards,

Hello Vaughn,

You are not sure of the departure that was in your plan?

I didn't have departure in my plan. Only DCT YEG. VoxATC dynamically assigned me DEVON1 from rwy 20. FWIW I have the whole flight recorded and can go over and verify these if need be.

I seen that you also had some problems with the initial installation

Only the same problems with VoxPop server that other users are having. Just wanted to report, that I found a work around.

did you not use the HELNS5 STAR .. which has mandatory crossing altitude and route.
You did not mention exactly where you were at which (wrong) altitude / speed / waypoint(s) during the STAR

Yes, I flew the HELNS5 with SEA transition. I was about 10nm away from the end of the STAR which has a hard altitude limit of 12000ft. As I was being kept at FL230, I requested a lower altitude.

I was then told to descent to 6000ft which work well for the approach vectoring. Only a few seconds later, I was told to descent to FL180  :huh:

Are you away from your PC and cannot check on specific information while posting here?

I was doing a live stream using ProATC, so I was unable to answer. The flight had the same ATIS problem and therefore wrong runway assignment. I will soon post more info.

Ok, so here is a link to the flight I just did:

http://www.twitch.tv/virtualfreightdog/b/541451113

1) At 57:26 you can see me requesting the latest weather using TOPCAT. The winds were from 250 at 19kts.

2) At 01:09:52 I listened to the VoxATC ATIS for the first time. Winds were reported as calm and runway in use was 06L.

3) At 01:21:32 I listened to the ATIS once more. You can see the FSX ATIS in text format on the screen as follows: winds 250 at 19 (the same as TOPCAT) runways 24L/R in use, but... if you listen carefully. VoxATC ATIS was reporting the same info as before. Winds calm and runway 06L in use.

4) At 01:23:46 VoxATC clears my for ILS06L approach which would give me 19kts tail wind during landing. This is why I request ILS24L approach.

5) From 01:37:29 forward, you can see from the navigation display, that the winds stay locked at 250 at 19kts just as reported by TOPCAT.

So to me, this seems like a VoxATC problem, because FSX ATIS got the winds and the runway correct.

Jarkko,

On this LXGB-LEPA .. was the Departure VOXatc Wx /ATIS and Dep RWY correct?

Best Regards,

Yes, at 03:25 I listened to the ATIS and it matched the FSX ATIS.