Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Any Developer interest in the new HondaJet?

I bet we will be seeing and reading a lot about these new little Personal Jets in the next few years. I sure would like to see one of our high end Developers take an interest for FSX/P3D. Maybe Milviz or Flight1. Anyone think RealAir should jump into the Jet market?

I guess Flight1 has a leg up with their new GTN series. The HondaJet has the Garmin 3000 panel that uses two redirected GTN750 for the touch screens.

Regards,

Ray

HJ specs.JPG

Honda Blue -1024.JPG

Garmin 3000.JPG

GTN750x.JPG

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Be careful and get a license from Honda before considering using their name for publishing a flight simulation add-on.

It was available for FlightGear:

http://www.gamepolitics.com/2014/06/03/honda-jet-removed-flightgear-after-trademark-complaint

Sounds like Honda might be headed down the same road that Gulfstream has taken.

Regards,

Ray

I downloaded a freeware one from the library a couple of years ago.

Cute little aircraft.

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

I downloaded a freeware one from the library a couple of years ago.

Cute little aircraft.

I went looking for a download file for FSX but came up empty. Anyone have a file name or dl link? Thanks.

Ray

I went looking for a download file for FSX but came up empty. Anyone have a file name or dl link? Thanks.

Ray

It is over at flightsim com.

hondafsx.zip

Regards,

Dave Opper

HiFi Support Manager

Supportteam_BannerA.png

It is over at flightsim com.

hondafsx.zip

Thanks Dave, I have the Blue HJ installed and flying. He did a nice job. 7 years old and it looks just like what the plant is building today. Exact same paint scheme. I added some updated avionics and now having some fun with a new plane.

Thanks again for the HU and link.

Regards,

Ray

HJ_.JPG

Ray,

I agree it would be great to have a really good rendition of the HondaJet in FSX/P3D

In fact any well done complex buisness Jet would be welcome just now.

However we will probably just get more Cessna's followed by some more Cessna's just in case we have not got enough of them yet.

Given what Textron is charging for a license, that appears now to be a highly unlikely scenario.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Given what Textron is charging for a license

Bill, what is Textron charging for a licence ?

I read somewhere that Honda are not interested in allowing anyone  to produce a FSX add on of their aircraft,something about protecting copy write of designs,it seemed to me there lawyer were instructed to stop any attempt,this information really disappointed me as I have posted that Milviz should produce it ,Milviz have said no way!,maybe they know more than we do

Sounds like we are going to have to update the panel of the freeware version if we are going to fly Honda. Something along the lines of the Flight1 G1000 with a couple of GTN touch screens might have to do for the G3000. The freeware seems to fly well enough, it just needs to be modernized from 2007.

Regards,

Ray

And still we have this response from the developers along the lines of "if you could only see what they want for a licence"

But we never actually discover exactly what that price is.

And still we have this response from the developers along the lines of "if you could only see what they want for a licence"

But we never actually discover exactly what that price is.

It would be difficult to provide exact figures, since I don't pay the bills. However consider this as representative of the terms demanded:

1. Fixed dollar amount every quarter regardless of actual sales (or lack of same)
  2. Fixed percentage every quarter of all sales
  3. One million dollar liability policy with the licensing agency and their clients as the beneficiaries.

The first item guarantees income every quarter no matter what.

The second item is a percentage of gross (not net!) sales, which can be as much as 35%...

The final item protects the agency and their client from any potential lawsuits, while providing no protection whatsoever for the developer.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for that Bill, I have always been curious as to the amounts charged but those figures would really kill any hope of a profit for a developer.

I cannot begin to imagine the amount of money Captain Sim is paying to Boeing for all those 707,727,737,767,777 that they have modeled and sold, fair play to them that they can still deliver a 777 for $40.