Sign in to follow this  
noels7

Problem saving flight when using P3D V2.2

Noel, I'm getting ready to start a test flight and will post a screenie of the message screen I'm getting when I try to load the saved flight (RCD file)

So, you are all now agreed? It's not a problem when SAVING? The flight is saved okay as <name>.fxml?

That fxml file would certainly be a valid P3D flight file, and it will most certainly load okay when RC requests it.

Why on Earth RC is complaining that the FLT file is missing, when it does not need it, does not read it, and presumably does not refer to it, I have no idea.  Don't forget that Ronzie, upon asking JD, was assured that RC does not need or use the FLT file.

Did anyone actually try the experiment suggested earlier, that of creating a dummy FLT file with the same name, to fool RC? i.e.

Maybe if it doesn't really use the FLT file, but just checks for it, then you could  create a dummy FLT file  with the correct name, but that's empty.

I'm afraid it seems you are completely dependent on a more accurate answer from JD.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

FWIW,  here is a screenshot of the error message I get when I start RDv4 and try to load a saved (in progress) flight:

JETLINE-3202-2014-jun-26-001.jpg

FWIW,  here is a screenshot of the error message I get when I start RDv4 and try to load a saved (in progress) flight:

Send that to JD, who apparently says he doesn't need or use FLT files.

Have you tried creating a dummy FLT file? It was suggested llong ago, but no one sems bothered.

Pete

Peter

Yes I created a blank.flt file in (C:\Users\Noel\My Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files) prior to my original post but got the same result:

(Radar Contact - C:\Users\Noel\My Documents\Prepar3D v2 Files\Noel.flt not found)

Your response in post 20 indicated that  the problem might be fixed by you modifying  .dll file

and as a result I didn't report the creation of the dummy file result. My apologies

I hope JD might comment personally on the results being achieved by Radar Contact.

Regards

Noel Southam

noels7

Noel Southam

I did not create noted dummy file.  I was unsure as to how to do so and waited for Noel (he's more adventurous than I by far)

Copy the appropriate .fxml to .flt keeping the same name. That should serve as a dummy file. The fact appears is that RC is looking for the .flt file to send to the fsuipc api. Now if fsuipc knows it is for p3d22 and can send the .fxml file instead it should work.

jd stated he does not read the .flt file but looks for it to send the .flt file name to the fsuipc api.

Ron

RCD file loads (blue dots ) to 2 dots from right hand side and just sits there (10 mins now) although task manager says RC is running.

I had also tried that before I originally posted.

Noel Southam

noels7

Noel Southam

Ron

RCD file loads (blue dots ) to 2 dots from right hand side and just sits there (10 mins now) although task manager says RC is running.

I had also tried that before I originally posted.

Noel Southam

noels7

I thought you had just renamed the extension, not copied the file so you had both .fxml and .flt files identicle except for the extension.

jabloomf states that works for him. Are both of you using the same version of fsuipc and which one (including the beta linked if so).

There is the option of also turning on the debug option before loading the rcd file, however the rc log file does not save if RC is aborted rather than use the quit function.

Remember P3d needs to be running with a loaded flight of the correct aircraft otherwise RC will stall.

Copy the appropriate .fxml to .flt keeping the same name. That should serve as a dummy file. The fact appears is that RC is looking for the .flt file to send to the fsuipc api. Now if fsuipc knows it is for p3d22 and can send the .fxml file instead it should work.

Odd that the OP tried this, but with a blank .flt file instead, and it didn't help.

jd stated he does not read the .flt file but looks for it to send the .flt file name to the fsuipc api.

Strange that JD made RC do it just for this, because the flt filename is always the same as the RCD name selected by the user.

Maybe he wanted the additional check, because it is a little more complicated to check the file is loaded correctly after it is requested -- he'd need to wait for the next flight change notification from FSUIPC then read the new filename to compare it. A possible problem then is that if the FLT or FXML file isn't really there, no flight would be loaded, so he'd never get that confirmation. But FSUIPC will indicate that FS is busy/frozen whilst the flight is being loaded, so he'd need to check for it going busy. If it didn't go busy within a few seconds of requesting the flight loading he'd know something was wrong and could report it then.

Pete

I suspect that the file length is checked depending what VB api call is used to check for file presence by RC.

jbloomf stated a file copy of the fxml file created to the samefilename.flt, not a blank file, as I suggested (Post#37) worked for him. (Post#38).

It is RC generating the error message.

I have finally got RC working and will not be commenting any further except to say thank you Peter for your efforts

and time spent. Unnecessary as it turns out.

I am very frustrated and angry that (and that includes several now ex users of RC who pm'd me) who are confused by

some of the responses of RC representatives. Their phrasing confused and how non english speakers were expected

to understand them is mystifying to say the least.

I suppose I should should quote them but I can't be bothered.

noels7

Noel Southam

Let me simplify what I recommended and it did work for one user.

First be sure you are using the beta version of fsuipc4 created for this problem:

fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/FSUIPC4934f.zip in reply #20.

Before loading a saved flight for RC4:

(filename is the name assigned by the P3D2 save operation and is the same as in the .wx file.)

Browse in explorer to your wx/flt folder as set for P3d2.

Click on filename.fxml. Choose copy. Now choose paste. You should get copy 2 of filename.fxml.

Right click on copy2 of of filename.fxml and select rename. Highlight with the mouse fxml and type flt. Get ride of copy 2 of highlighting it and hit delete. This file now should be filename.flt and will serve as a dummy flight.

This gives you a dummy .flt file with the correct file name and not a blank zero length file for RC to find.

Now you can use RC to load the .rcd file

This procedure with the beta version of fsuipc4 worked for one user on Win 8.1 according to his profile.

fsuipc will take care of sending the .fxml file instead of the user created "dummy" .flt file to P3D22.

Correction. The user that I interpreted as saying everything was OK was replying to what Pete Dowson was going to do in fsuipc4. He has not tested my procedure. He is on vacation and will check after 6 July.