Sign in to follow this  
dfreemanfso

PMDG Liveries not installing

Hello everyone,  

I have enjoyed PMDG since the beginning and have never had any issues until now.  I recently did some hardware upgrades and decided to re-install a clean FSX to include PMDG's products.  Only problem is that the livery installer is not installing liveries.  So let me explain in excruciating detail what I am doing so maybe someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.  This make so little sense to me that it must be a simple mistake.  

1. Download the repaint file and unzip it to a temporary folder, ensuring that it is for the right variant for example: PMDG_737NGX_800WL_AA

2. Run the PMDG Operations Center as an administrator from the windows start menu

3. Select product 737NGX and click on livery manager

4. Select variant - PMDG 737-800 NGX WL

5. Click green + button to add livery

6. Navigate to the location of the PMDG_737NGX_800_AA.ptp file and double click on the file

7. Watch the files load - I can now see the American Airlines with winglets displayed under liveries.

Next, I close the operations center and open FSX.  There is no American Airlines 738W airplane available.  I know that the path to FSX is correct because when I open FSX/SimObjects/Airplanes/PMDG 737-800NGX WL, there is a folder called Texture_AA and the aircraft cfg is edited to show:

[Fltsim.1]

title=Boeing 737-823NGX American Airlines Winglets

So, I am really confused - it's almost like everything is happening the way it's supposed to except that the textures don't show up.  I'm at a complete loss and have no idea of what to do next.   I had no issues loading repaints before I upgraded my computer.

Also, I re-downloaded the 777 and have the same issue - I cannot upload repaints.

The only thing I can think of is that the ops center and my FSX are running of separate SSDs, but I doubt that's the problem. 

DAVID C. FREEMAN

Win 7 64

ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, I7 26K Sandy Bridge OC'd to 4.3Mhz

8GB DDR3 1600 memory

GTX 780 GPU

240GB SSD For FSX Only

120GB SSD for OS and programs

3 monitors with TH2G

Win 10 (64)

i7 8700K OC 5.1 GHz

Gigabyte Aorus Z370x

i7 8700k OC 5.1 GHz

GTX Titan XP

OC keeps track of things in your user\appdata\roaming\pmdg folders. Quite possible that the info there is out of sync with the aircraft.cfg file, just guessing but if you removed all FSX and reinstalled then try the same with OC files. Good luck.

Dan Downs KCRP

Alsohad this problem after loading new liveries. Then i found a little checkbox in the FSX choose aircraft page that said something like "show all variations". When I clicked on that check box, all of the differentliveries showed up.

Well Shazam - I knew it was something small and stupid.  It's amazing the things you take for granted when you re-install FSX after 5 years.  

Win 10 (64)

i7 8700K OC 5.1 GHz

Gigabyte Aorus Z370x

i7 8700k OC 5.1 GHz

GTX Titan XP