Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

WOW...is Nova Scotia (especially Cape Breton Island).....

so very well done using ORBX-G and P3D!

http://www.cbisland.com/#

http://www.pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/ns/cbreton/index.aspx

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Cape+Breton+Highlands+National+Park+of+Canada&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft:en-US:%7Breferrer:source?%7D&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=_EupU7WaNOa68AH3lYDYAw&ved=0CFUQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=1075

***  Global and P3D looks pretty much like what you are seeing along the coasts and mountain/seaside shorelines in these pictures....very.....NICE!

I just picked up Freebie (thank you ORBX!!!!) airport pack number 13 that included (I just took off about 30 minutes ago...) Sydney (CYQY)...and headed North to Cape Breton Island.

Very beautifully done with ORBX-G.  

I'm just over      Bras d'Or Lakes    (Lakes of Gold)...and the Dawn sky over the lake...well...RL.....

Back to the flight...oh..go and get your copy of ORBX-G pack 13, hot off the press.... 

Hi Mich,

and where are the screen shots?

Spirit

Ah heck Spirit...get into a plane and discover it for yourself...LOL!

Oh...leave some room, for Hard Shell Lob'sta....!<--------------------------My best Bostonian Accent  :P

where are the screen shots?

Yeah, I saw links and was expecting screenshots of how it's "WOW" in the sim using the add-on mentioned, not just tourism info!  :huh:

The whole real world is "WOW" if you visit at the right time and conditions.

Having visited Cape Breton (and NS in general) several times over the years, I can absolutely state it is probably the best, most picturesque place I've ever been.

Don't have global, I'm sure it's nice, but do have GEX and with Sim Addons Base Pack you get a slew of maritime airports (yup it's payware) and if you do what I did and buy the other maritime expansion packs you get lovely short hopes all over Nova Scotia and Cape Breton, PEI, NFLD...had them years ago. The combo of UTX, GEX and SimAddons is great.  Best airport addons of that region.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Having visited Cape Breton (and NS in general) several times over the years, I can absolutely state it is probably the best, most picturesque place I've ever been.

Two years ago, my wife and I toured the province and Cape Breton on the coastal trail on our Goldwing. It was one of the best motorcycle tour trips we have ever taken. I can only imagine what it must be like seeing it just off the coast by air...at say around 2,800 feet or so. You'd probably hold your breath the whole time.... I wonder if Geofa and hiw wife actually did this trip...as I know they DID (with a friend) do some north Eastern Shore sorties....

For myself...it will have to be with P3D and Mr. Orbx-G.

Mitch you being from great lakes area I suggest you check this out brother - looks sweet

http://forums.wdsims.com/

Two years ago, my wife and I toured the province and Cape Breton on the coastal trail on our Goldwing. It was one of the best motorcycle tour trips we have ever taken. I can only imagine what it must be like seeing it just off the coast by air...at say around 2,800 feet or so. You'd probably hold your breath the whole time.... I wonder if Geofa and hiw wife actually did this trip...as I know they DID (with a friend) do some north Eastern Shore sorties....

For myself...it will have to be with P3D and Mr. Orbx-G.

Rich Sennett

Mitch you being from great lakes area I suggest you check this out brother - looks sweet

It sure does, and thanks for the head's up.

http://forums.wdsims.com/

Welcome mitch

Rich Sennett

Two years ago, my wife and I toured the province and Cape Breton on the coastal trail on our Goldwing. It was one of the best motorcycle tour trips we have ever taken

I did the tour of Cape Breton Island on my Honda 750/4 cyl  when it first hit the market--1969-70.  Yeah, I'm that old.   Then my second (and hopefully last) wife and I did a couple of trips on a BMW R100RT, an old (new at the time) airhead, if you know what I'm talking about.

We always did the Cabot Trail in a counterclockwise direction so that we would be able to look out to sea most easily.

The best place in the world, IMHO

I haven't been to Novia Scotia, but I had to tell you I had an R100RT called Claude. Best motorbike ever built!!! You could scare yourself witless without breaking the speed limit. To be true to the thread I'm going to go for a jaunt in my Piper after d'loading that scenery pack... Thanks Chaps.

Jim

I did the tour of Cape Breton Island on my Honda 750/4 cyl  when it first hit the market--1969-70.  Yeah, I'm that old.   Then my second (and hopefully last) wife and I did a couple of trips on a BMW R100RT, an old (new at the time) airhead, if you know what I'm talking about.

We always did the Cabot Trail in a counterclockwise direction so that we would be able to look out to sea most easily.

The best place in the world, IMHO

We did the counter-clockwise as well.  Had plenty of moose standing or outright blocking the road, also as well, lol.  We let THEM decide when they were going to move off of it ....!!!   We are planning another tour of N.S. in a couple of years.  We are going back to Digsby for a load of scallops for sure...so one end of the province to the other.  BTW, did you ever grab a bottle of that fine Scotch at that noted Distillery?  We didn't...but plan to drop in, to give a bottle as a Christmas gift...:)   Well, perhaps a bottle for ourselves,....since er ah...we're going to be at the cash register.......lol.  Oh..as you mentioned a 1969 CB750/4......I bought my first CB750 also, in '69.  Many months pumping gas, changing tires, and whatever else needed to be done, to save for it.  It was one of the proudest days of my high-school life, to ride it into the courtyard at the school...and boy...was it a chick-magnet!!!!  Good memories.....

Post Edit,  Bringing it back to Nova Scotia and P3D/ORBX....I should also have mentioned that I am running VECTOR as well...so that does a great job on the coastlines, etc. Not merely just ORBX-G and P3D.  I'm on pause, flying up the east coast of the island right now...it's raining at 3,500 feet with fog patches....

Post Edit 2.  I'm flying the Kodiak with floats...and intend to put it down upon the Atlantic where we took the Kodiak inflatables, Whale Boat Tour...and boy, did we see pods of whales that day!  I'll trade in the Kodiak for the Sirocco GT2 and cruise down the shore of Cape Breton Island, to recreate our boat tour. I wonder if the caves and waterfalls streaming off of the cliffs and falling into the sea will be there?  I dunno....will soon find out, lol. Oh...while in those inflatables...we had to wear orange full body survival suits...and I asked the operator (twin merc's... were behind us...) if there were Great White Sharks in this area..and his answer was; "oh yes....there is.....".

Man, P3D isn't just a flight simulator. With its great weather effects...and the FOG....misting the cliffs and mountains of Cape Breton...you should see this by sea!  We're on the yacht coming towards the north tip of the Island, and the rain and fog is fabulous, wrapping the cliff tops in a sort of ethereal beauty.  If you have P3D...and you have ASN...and of course...if you have a boat...load it all up...and see how good the Atlantic looks right now, about a 1/4 mile off of the coastline.  P3D is NOT just a flight simulator...it is a environment simulator, in the air...or upon the water...

Thumb's up!

Back to the cruise....still want to see if the waterfalls, near the cliffs are there...lol.  Yeah...way too much fun, here......

Well..I highly recommend you take the Cape Breton bout tour...and absolutely water is dynamic in P3D..and will ramp up, waves...direction, etc...as the weather changes, calm...rain..and oh...your wake behind you also changes, from hardly any through calm water...to quite evident through chop.  Man...P3D v2.x rocks....

Captain Mitch  "argh.......have you ever been to sea, Billy?"

Good memories guys.  Thanks for sharing the memories, and plans you are making.  I guess we really need to get back to flight simming.