Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Guess the best 744 sim will be able to use XP10!

http://aerowinx.com/forum/topic.php?id=1589

And, visually, specially at night, X-Plane 10 can look like no other!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That's excellent news Juan. The release timeframe is for August 2014, so it's nearly complete, Fantastic it will run on XPX! Price point...347 euros, so it won't be for everyone but it's the ultimate simulation.

Beware it doesn't run "on" XPX, but rather, side-by-side with XPX, using X-Plane only as a visual generator. All physics, weather, systems, run in PSX, and the relevant data is exported to XPS ( or FSX or P3D ) for display purposes only.

The weather model only is so advanced, compared to what we have in other simulators, that I wonder if it won't be great to use PSX just as a weather injector, should you be rich :-)

Unfortunately, contrarily to what I did 18 yrs ago with PS1, I will most probably not buy PSX because complex airliners, and flying them with all of the detail, almost professionaly, are far from being my focus of attention in flight simulation at the moment. Also, for that money I can fly for real something like probably 10 hrs ( gliders ), and I am no longer dreaming of becoming an airline pilot, at the age of 50 :-)

Honestly, good / realistic GA, with as accurate as possible flight dynamics would rather be my best choice in a civil flight simulator :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I am very much looking forward to this but am wary of the lack of large international airport scenerys in Xplane. as I will be flying for BA having EGKK, EGLL, KJFK, KIAD, KLAX, KSFO, OMDB, WSSS is my wishlist :P

I am very much looking forward to this but am wary of the lack of large international airport scenerys in Xplane. as I will be flying for BA having EGKK, EGLL, KJFK, KIAD, KLAX, KSFO, OMDB, WSSS is my wishlist :P

You can always use fsx or p3d for those areas...

Main Simulation Rig:

Honestly, good / realistic GA, with as accurate as possible flight dynamics would rather be my best choice in a civil flight simulator :-)

Agreed here, there is only so much cloud one can look at.  So J.C.  which one of those GA in XPlane do you feel is the most compelling?  Carenados?  I found the Carenado models fly much better in XPX, but not being a real pilot, the opinion is subjective at best.

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Agreed here, there is only so much cloud one can look at.  So J.C.  which one of those GA in XPlane do you feel is the most compelling?  Carenados?  I found the Carenado models fly much better in XPX, but not being a real pilot, the opinion is subjective at best.

Hmmm, I have just a few...

Yes the Carenados I used were great ( Seneca, Baron58 and the C90 ), but also the Mu-2j ( X-Aviation ), the band the AA-5B from VFlyteAir, and the DR-400 and Sbach-300 from XPFR.

My preferred? This one :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

My preferred? This one :-)

Wow, I did not know such a good freeware existed.  Now I would imagine what it feels like in a real one!  Oh well, I will try spinning my virtual one for sure.  

Thanks

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Wow, I did not know such a good freeware existed.  Now I would imagine what it feels like in a real one!  Oh well, I will try spinning my virtual one for sure.  

Make sure you pull back on the stick while gaining speed during the takeoff run! Ease only when rudder authority is enough.

Main Simulation Rig: