Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Buenos Aires city skyline scenery?

Is there any scenery out there for the city (maybe landclass as well)?  I've looked and found nothing, the airport is well covered...

Thx.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Moving South of the Equator?  First New Zealand, now Buenos Aires?

I'm interested in this, too, and also in a good scenery for SABE Aeroparque Jorge Newberry.

Thanks

First New Zealand, now Buenos Aires?

Aerolineas Argentinas once had a connection between Auckland and Buenos Aires, and LAN still maintains a connection between Sydney and Santiago via Auckland. So what's the problem?

Harald

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Some of us actually live south of the equator - is that a problem?

Graeme Butler

Ya ..... it appears that there is no SENSE of HUMOR there.  My comment was meant for Dillon regarding his last two requests for scenery files.

..... but since I have your attention ..... "A Dingo ate your baby."

So what's the problem?

Lighten up, Harold.  Try to catch up to the Humor Wagon ..... it's getting away from you

Ya ..... it appears that there is no SENSE of HUMOR there.  My comment was meant for Dillon regarding his last two requests for scenery files.

..... but since I have your attention ..... "A Dingo ate your baby."

Lighten up, Harold.  Try to catch up to the Humor Wagon ..... it's getting away from you

Jokes differ in different parts of the world, so do humor. The jokes above do not sound funny at all where I live, whereas our jokes might not appeal there. Remember it's a global forum...

Jokes differ in different parts of the world, so do humor. The jokes above do not sound funny at all where I live, whereas our jokes might not appeal there. Remember it's a global forum...

Si

Moving South of the Equator?  First New Zealand, now Buenos Aires?

I found this funny...  B)

Quick answer to you question is 'No', since I finally bothered, had the time, and found NZ scenery that I didn't think was out there I thought I'd try for another neglected area.  In this case we have nice airport scenery by a few designers but no one bothered to address the city.  It makes no since flying into a detail airport when the surrounding scenery is below default standards.  Buenos Aires actually has allot to offer scenery wise when flying over the real city but you won't see that in FS9/FSX/P3D's rendition.  Just like default New Zealand it looks basically like crap and takes away from landing there.  So again I thought I'd ask since I had so much success getting NZ looking the way it should in FS9.  

What amazes me is after all this time we still don't have scenery for NZAA both freeware and payware.  If it wasn't for a smart guy that had FSX and FS9 who took the FSX version and made it work in FS9 there wouldn't be anything (for most there isn't anything especially in FS9).  With help from FS Scenery Creator the rendition I have now looks great.  For such a major airport it has a small unorganized feel to it.  One runway doubles as a taxiway and is never used because there is not taxiway to get the job done, etc (I checked Google Earth and Youtube to confirm).  Operations around that airport is unique for the mission it has yet no one will ever see this because it's been all but forgotten in FS circles... So why not see if Buenos Aires has something out there.  I got a whole country looking great can I get just one city looking the way it should?   :P  

Speaking of that I hear NZ is a little hard on outsiders especially non-European looking people.  Oz by contrast is reported to be much different.  Since a joke was made above about my desire to move south I was actually looking at visiting there (Hobbiton among other areas)  sometime in the future but if it's an unfriendly place to outsiders I'll pass.  Both Oz and NZ are amazing places scenery wise just the same, people on the other hand... Well I'll leave it at that.  :Whistle:

FS2020 

Try to catch up to the Humor Wagon ..... it's getting away from you

I know, I'm Gerrrrman.

No, I just wanted to lighten up the practical aspect :P Sorry for sounding unhumorous.

In this case we have nice airport scenery by a few designers but no one bothered to address the city.

Is there really a good rendition of SABE? The best I found so far is the X-ARG version from 2005...

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Ahh ..... peace reigns again!  I'll back out now while I'm ahead.

.....Ollie4740 - Cosby and I thank you for "getting me". 

Is there really a good rendition of SABE? The best I found so far is the X-ARG version from 2005...

Nope... Unfortunately.

Fly Tampa had the best approach with TNCM, they just did the whole area which works out really well.  Some areas need that like NYC.

FS2020 

Back to topic: there are two scenery packs that complement each other and give a rather accurate look of Buenos Aires and the Aeroparque (as I could see last weekend hehe): one is VFR Argentina and other is X-ARG. Sadly I can't recall any land class for Argentina.

I'm currently going back home, I'll give you links as soon as I arrive.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Back to topic: there are two scenery packs that complement each other and give a rather accurate look of Buenos Aires and the Aeroparque (as I could see last weekend hehe): one is VFR Argentina and other is X-ARG. Sadly I can't recall any land class for Argentina.

I'm currently going back home, I'll give you links as soon as I arrive.

Are they for FS9?

FS2020 

Yes, it's for FS9 (well, it runs on my laptop). Both scenery packs can be downloaded from http://vfrarg.blogspot.com.ar/. In the right pane, check for the following:

Pueden Descargar X-Arg del Siguiente Link: X-ARG 1.5.1

DESCARGAR VFRA0.99

ÚLTIMO PARCHE

The first one is for X-ARG, the latter 2 are for VFR Argentina. Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.