Sign in to follow this  
math341c

Any good atc addons?

Hello awesome simmers :) So i own the nice PMDG planes and have utx,gex and rex. Which make this FSX look really fantastic, the only i need now, is a better atc.

I have searched on google, but i still don´t know which to buy.

I will write for what kind of atc im looking for:

Im looking for a atc simillar to fsx. I just want more realastic voices, and with more options like, reguest emergency landing etc.. 

And here is the important. I want a atc which not only say vocies, but also have a box with text messages, like standard atc, and can see back to messages, if i forget a command :) 

The second thing i want, is a atc background chatter, like the Airbus x extended has, its makes the flight sound really realastic.

Thank you guys, if you want to help me !

Math.

It took me over a week to decide but i settled with PFE i would recommend it. It gets updated unlike the other addons that have been abandoned.

PFE has realistic voices and regional voices unlike the robotic voices on the other addons.

Takes time to get use to it and understand it so my advice is read the manual or come and ask me and i'll help you out.

PFE also has a forum website where you'll find dozens of posts from me lol

Vernon Howells

Radar Contact or PFE,

Radar Contact is easy to use and gives totally reliable ATC, never had a bad flight with it, just load the flightplan into it and fly.

PFE is a little harder to get set up but once you are used to the way it works its good.

Voices are about the same quality in both but PFE has more regional accents.

I tend to use Radar Contact the most but use PFE for a change of pace occasionally.

Both programs work even better networked in my experience.

Hi mad dog i was going to try out radar contact just for some variety but they stopped updating?

Vernon Howells

Also consider VoxATC; this results in the three "usual suspects" - RadarContact, PFE and Vox.

Vox is voice-controlled, the other two are button-controlled.

RC seems to be the most reliable one, it also has an easy, straight user interface.

Immersion may be higher with one of the other two, though (voice-control for Vox, heaps of regional controller accents for PFE).

For Vox, a demo version is available, for the other two at least the documentation can be accessed before purchase.

Search AVSIM for more details, you'll find lots of threads and discussions.

but they stopped updating?

Hello,

While version 5 would have been nice to have and would have added even more features, in all honesty version 4.3.3845 has been stable for years now and really does not need any updates. it just works reliably every time

Glad you stuck it out with PFE, many don't which is their loss, it's great once you get your head around how it all fits together.

Vox is voice-controlled, the other two are button-controlled.

RC seems to be the most reliable one, it also has an easy, straight user interface.

Immersion may be higher with one of the other two, though (voice-control for Vox, heaps of regional controller accents for PFE).

Voice control is pretty easy to implement with Radar Contact and PFE using VAC http://www.dwvac.com/

MCE also has voice control for both

As for voice control who needs it? PFE virtual co-pilot can handle comms only or comms and freq change :) job done who needs to say the same words over and over again!

Vernon Howells

I use VoxATC to train for flying online with Vatsim or IVAO (has helped a lot). For flights where I want to have a reduced workload, I use ProATC.

I also have RC4, but no longer use it due to the way that the SIDs and STARs are handled.

PFE virtual co-pilot can handle comms only or comms and freq change :)

I prefer to handle frequency changes and comms myself as I use Goflight hardware.

If you leave it all to the Copilot what is left for you to do, dial in the Alt changes ?

Pilots speak to ATC by voice comms so it is more immersive to do it that way in the Sim

At the minute thats what i prefer but i want a centre console to go with my cockpit slowly but surely i'll get there! But yeh you are right makes the simming world more interesting tuning it yourself but saying PFE commands over and over again its not for me however VATSIM was awsome but lacked in controllers so i ditched it for PFE and never looked back!

Vernon Howells

I have been using Pro Flight Emulator (PFE) together with FDC Live Cockpit (FDC) for a number of years now and I can highly recommend them. PFE replaces the default ATC and includes many voice sets with different English accents, taxi guidance system both verbal and visual and many other improvements. FDC acts as a copilot, performing checklists ext. also has cabin crew announcements, again with different accents. You can buy them individualy or together. They have been tweaked to work together.

fdc_pfe_supporter.jpg

Did you find the go flight comm and nav console easy to setup and do you have to buy the rack seperate?

Vernon Howells

Very easy to set up, just plug them in and configure in the Goflight config program.

I bought my rack seperatley, they have various models available.

I have this one filled with

GF-166, GF-46, GF-48, GF-P8, GF-ADV MCP and a GF MCP-Pro mounted across the top

http://www.goflightinc.com/collections/racks/products/gf-ac-rack

Great build quality (aluminium) and have served me well over the years.