Sign in to follow this  
math341c

Any good atc addons?

Give a look at  Pilot2ATC

Looks good ( watch the tutorial videos ) and runs in fsx, p3d and x-plane

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just came across this thread by coincidence and happened to find what I've always been searching for... a good and non-robotic ATC addon - PFE! :biggrin:  Absolutely didn't know PFE before and wanna buy it instantly ^_^, however... WHERE?!?!?!

I searched at Aerosoft, simMarket, FlightSimStore, no PFE anywhere... And I even didn't find some type of official developer's website for PFE on the first Google search...  :huh:

Can anyone help?

Regards

Oliver Holstein

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

searched at Aerosoft, simMarket, FlightSimStore, no PFE anywhere... And I even didn't find some type of official developer's website for PFE on the first Google search

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/

Item Name: PFE (ProFlight Emulator)

Item Price: £24.99 GBP

Don't forget the Voice pack

Item Name: PFE Voice Set Expansion Pack

Item Price: £6.99 GBP

Look for Pro Flight Emulator Deluxe.

NAX669.png

PFE hands down

What were the things you didn't like about VoxATC, RC4, ProATC and Pilot2ATC?

The OP mentioned that he would prefer an ATC that "sounds" realistic (if I understood correctly)... and this is where the problem lies really, all of the available three (VOX, PFE and Radar Contact) are good to excellent in terms of operational realism - much more than default ATC - but lack in refinement when it comes to "sounding" realistic!

They are all unpleasantly "assembled", they don't flow naturally the same way that the default voices do, one can tell that this is a patchwork of words and sentences that dont fit too well when put together. This is true with any of the voice add ons, none can replicate the quality of the default ATC in FSX and this is a real pity. If ACES could do it, surely somebody else can, but they (ACES) probably worked quite a lot to achieve this. I happened to have been involved in some similar work and realised how challenging this is when you try assembling words and/or sentences that were recorded separately.

I only mention this in the hope that someday, someone will have the patience and knowledge to start working seriously on such a project, we are - with voices programmes - at the age of FS95 sharp edge clouds. 

If you don't mind this unrealistic way of talking, then any of the three is acceptable as said before they are operationally more realistic, but if you are sensitive about the way it "sounds", then stick to default ATC voices, they are miles ahead! We all have different perceptions and feelings about this so this is a very personal opinion and you alone can decide. To evaluate this factor all of the above offer you the opportunity to listen to some samples on their respective sites or U Tube, that's your first step. Good luck.

For the sounds:

Free Meatwater sounds for Radar Contact from the AVSIM library; the payware voice expansion pack for PFE (for rather little extra cost).

This puts RC and PFE in about the same league; with the Vox free voices being way more robotic (unless you pay for professional, rather expensive 3rd party voices).

I've used both RC4 and Vox. I loved RC4 and used it for years but was disappointed with its SID/STAR usage so I've moved across to VOX. That is also good, I got a few IVONA voices for it but it has a few things that annoy me such as it mainly that it can't read ASN weather so you get vectored to wrong runways and you get tower telling you windds are calm when its blowing a gale. Also when you request altitude changes they can take you to ridiculously high or low levels such as from a crz alt of 33000 up to 42000 or down to 18000.

I've heard about PFE, can it read ASN weather, handle and assign SIDS/STARS correctly and does it control AI traffic? Does it have other advantages (or disadvanatges) over the other two?

WAT1036.png

PFE hands down

Just been on the PFE forums and it sounds like you have been having a nightmare with it!

WAT1036.png

that's why iam using  rc4   just install it  and away you go.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

They are all unpleasantly "assembled", they don't flow naturally the same way that the default voices do,

When you are actually in the Sim rather than listening to YouTube Video's with everything else going on around you the voices sound fine.

I find the use of American accents a huge immersion killer because I fly exclusivly in Europe, I turn them off in Radar Contact and PFE handles regional accents superbly.

The use of background radio noise in PFE and the Meatwater packs for RC sound closer to the live ATC that I have listened to than the default ATC.

You cannot really judge from watching video's you need to try these programs for yourself, I have bought all of them over the years and now only use Radar Contact and PFE.

Vox is also good but the cost of buying enough high quality voices added to the already high cost of the program prevents me buying the latest version again, and it is the most robotic sounding of all the ATC programs

annoy me such as it mainly that it can't read ASN weather so you get vectored to wrong runways and you get tower telling you windds are calm when its blowing a gale. Also when you request altitude changes they can take you to ridiculously high or low levels such as from a crz alt of 33000 up to 42000 or down to 18000.

Voxatc reads whatever the weather at the destination at the time of starting it(VOXatc). Since, ASN and all other addons like OPUS and FSGRW, update weather stations in a certain range, VOXATC will always read the wrong weather. You can use the default weather or you can disable VOXATC at TOD and then r enable it again and you will get the right weather. 

As for the different altitude, just ask the controller what level you want. Just say "London Center, Easy1234 request flight level 340".

As for PFE, overall it is a better ATC addon(IMHO) if you don't care much about SIDs and STARs. Because, although, it lets you fly SIDs and STARs, it won't assign them for you dynamically. You have to tell it which where the SID ends and where the STAR starts. It

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205