Sign in to follow this  
math341c

Any good atc addons?

Yeah, that's the one. See, all these extra ATC addons and you've found that the perfect addon is the default one. LOL

VoxATC doesn't really do this either, you still have to set up the first two waypionts of a SID/STAR for VoxATC to "officially" assign it to you otherwise it just vectors you. Although I've found it still does this anyway on STARS regardless

Thanks for the tip regarding the weather and flight cruise.

with vox if you want dynamic sid/star assignment you put the transition in your flightplan instead of the waypoints of the sid/star.  so for example if you land at LRCK and file the DIRAL waypoint as your last point in the fsx flight plan, when you get near the waypoint it will assign you DIRAL2C or DIRAL2D depending on if the 18 or 36 is active. the technique you suggest is useful if you want to fly a specific one though.

As for voice control who needs it? PFE virtual co-pilot can handle comms only or comms and freq change :) job done who needs to say the same words over and over again!

yeah. there is a copilot in radar contact and voxatc also. i use it quite frequently in vox especially when i'm flying a high workload plane, in a way it is more realistic, there's a reason those planes have 2 crew in them heh!

cheers

-andy crosby

I was looking to try another ATC addon but not sure what one hmmmm i'm currently using PFE

Vernon Howells

oldmcgroin, on 26 Jun 2014 - 3:16 PM, said:
VoxATC doesn't really do this either, you still have to set up the first two waypionts of a SID/STAR for VoxATC to "officially" assign it to you otherwise it just vectors you. Although I've found it still does this anyway on STARS regardless

Thanks for the tip regarding the weather and flight cruise.

with vox if you want dynamic sid/star assignment you put the transition in your flightplan instead of the waypoints of the sid/star.  so for example if you land at LRCK and file the DIRAL waypoint as your last point in the fsx flight plan, when you get near the waypoint it will assign you DIRAL2C or DIRAL2D depending on if the 18 or 36 is active. the technique you suggest is useful if you want to fly a specific one though.

Well you learn something new everyday, I didn't know this. I'll persevere with Vox a bit more and see if restarting flightplan near TOD will pick up on ASN weather changes

WAT1036.png

Would love to see a new ATC that had the best of all of them;

And one more thing, the ability to keep reading weather engines so they are up to date with runway changes, can hold flights due to weather and even close airports to cause diversions.

ProATC reads weather either from your weather engine or VATSIM (NOAA was also available, but no longer working). This is why you get the correct SID and STAR assigned based on winds even when using Active Sky or FSGRW.

ProATC also has the ability to import your flight plan in the ICAO text format. I personally would like to see this in other ATC programs as it makes PFPX integration easy and fast.

I'll persevere with Vox a bit more and see if restarting flightplan near TOD will pick up on ASN weather changes

I use EFB which can read both ASN and the actual weather at the destination. I always check if the weather at the destination has been updated and matching ASN before restarting. Because, sometimes, you reach TOD before the weather update which is fine you can still restart it and it works fine as long as it happens before getting the STAR assignment.

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205

Using PFE but wanting to try PRO - ATC anyone give it a thumbs up before i buy it tomorrow?

Vernon Howells

Using PFE but wanting to try PRO - ATC anyone give it a thumbs up before i buy it tomorrow?

You are kidding ? You participated in threads that recommended to not buy until a update occurs ?  If it ever occurs :lol:

Up to you though, your money. I purchased it, and wished I didn't. If you want unrealistic ATC, fill ya boots !! Remember, the developer of Pro ATCX has only been seen on their forums once in the last 12 months, and is probably on the beach in Costa Del Sol.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Seems it can handle the route, SIDS and STARS better than PFE?

Vernon Howells

Seems it can handle the route, SIDS and STARS better than PFE?

If it didn't crash to the desktop. And try getting it to resume your flight after a save or a crash. Trust me, you will get frustrated with it, but hey, as I said, your money, and another  day at the beach for the Developer.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Just PFE cracked me up tonight had a good flight untill it forgot about me for my descend so there all bad as each other lol

Vernon Howells

Just PFE cracked me up tonight had a good flight untill it forgot about me for my descend so there all bad as each other lol

Atc addons are only as good as your flight plan, and sometimes things just don't go according to plan.

I agree. If you plan your flight right with the correct start and end waypoint you should minimise the problem. There is problems with all add-on ATC's where occasionally they will loose connection. Some you car restart and the will carry on where you are, some you have to start over again.

You will never get everyone to agree on the best because there is no best, they all have there good and bad points depending on what you want.

For me the one thing I do not want is a developer that isn't bothered about it's customers after they buy, so that rules out ProATC X. I want to be able to fly SIDS and STARS, so as much as I think it a great add-on Radar Contact is out. That leaves Pro Flight Emulator or VoxATC. One has good voices, although does not handle AI and you have to tell it the SID and STAR. The over has robotic voices but seems more realistic in it's working.

Basically, you have to look at the type of flying you are doing, how good you are at solving your own problems and what you are looking for.  

PFE will stop a plane flying up your backside when you are on approach, it puts the AI into slew mode and holds them until you land and get out of its way, at which point it lets the plane continue flying again. It's not ideal but its better than being overtaken by a faster aircraft just as you are about to land. It should also stop runway incursions too, it does the same thing and freezes them with slew mode.

Cheers, Andy.

Unfortunately this does not always work. I have had many occasions when planes have landed on top of me, or just before me. There is also times when I have been told to go around after having clearance because a plane has overtaken me and landed in front. Also I had to turn off collision detection because of taxiway collisions.

PFE is an excellent piece of software and if the developer added it's own AI traffic, would be a winner. I feel that with the use of MCE giving voice control, this is the only thing holding it back.