Sign in to follow this  
virginblue737

What are these tweaks?

Hey guys, 

So today i decided to delete the FSX.CFG and make a new one, i normally follow the Venetubo guide, but when i put the cfg into i came across a few tweaks that i havent seen or i dont know what it does, so i was wondering if someone was able to let me know what they do :) 

These are the definitions that are comming straight out of venetubo 

1 . Autogen 2 style batching is being enabled (DX10 Only). 

2. Adding MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS for improved autogen batching performance. 

What do those lines mean and do you recomend them being added

Google is really good for those types of questions.  This is from Bojote in an older AVSIM thread.

MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS. What does it do?

Autogen in SP2 is batched, it happens in the background. The process is quite CPU intensive, but doesn't affect your frames because is not running in the main scheduler. Batching occurs based on your surrounding scenery. The faster this ocurrs, the more chance you have of autogen poping at once and not in stages (which looks unrealistic).MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS tells the FSX engine what is the MAX number of threads that can be used for autogen batching. I set this based on your Affinity. So that ALL of your TEXTURE manager threads do batching. Default is 1, Max is 4.It's a setting that will prove beneficial ONLY when you are flying into dense autogen scenery or flying too fast. Check my videos in the previous page, see how autogen is always loaded and not popping up.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

In what section of FSX.CFG would the MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS line appear ?

In what section of FSX.CFG would the MAX_ASYNC_BATCHING_JOBS line appear ?

It's under [sCENERY]

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration