Sign in to follow this  
Holclo

AI Traffic in P3DV2.2

Are any of the various AI Traffic providers currently making native installers for P3DV2.2? I am aware there are several  "workarounds" but I don't want to mess with my P3DV2.2 installation or use EMT.

William

If you have UT2 working in FSX then there is no need for a separate install or use the EMT.  It's just a case of adding a line to the P3D cfg and an entry in the exe.xml.

Dean, I agree, UT2 is nothing but excellent under Prepar3d2. I tried MyTraffic, UT2, and Traffic 360, and UT2 is much superior.

To answer the original question, the only developer I know actually being working on a native P3D2 Version is Burkhard Renk with MyTraffic. Seems to be still a way to go, though.

I doubt we will ever see a Prepar3d2 version of UT2 for two reasons. (i) The odd product policity of Flight 1 towards Prepar3d, (ii) from their forum, I am under the impression, the main developer has more or less abandoned coding. - I'll happily be proven wrong in both cases.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Thank you for the answers.

@Dean - I don't have any AITraffic Programme yet . On my main  flightsim computer now I do not have FSX installed. It is installed on my client computer in a 2 computer set up. I used WOAI in FSX.

@Michael - sounds like I am going to have to use "workarounds" then. Its just a case of deciding which programme to buy.

William

Dean,

Can you please provide the  line I should addon  to the P3D cfg and an entry in the exe.xml file.

THX

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"

I doubt we will ever see a Prepar3d2 version of UT2 for two reasons. (i) The odd product policity of Flight 1 towards Prepar3d, (ii) from their forum, I am under the impression, the main developer has more or less abandoned coding. - I'll happily be proven wrong in both cases.

Kind regards, Michael

AND the developers have also stated that they will NEVER support WIN 8!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a shame about UT2 as it the best ai package.

-Paul-

Dean,

Can you please provide the  line I should addon  to the P3D cfg and an entry in the exe.xml file.

THX

Open Prepar3D.CFG add the following line to the [Main] section.  Don't forget to insert your path to FSX.

SimObjectPaths.9= your path to FSX\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft

Looking at my set up I didn't use the exe.xml.  If you have FSUIPC open FSUIPC4.ini and add -

[Programs]

Run1=READY, KILL, "your path to FSX\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe"

hi guys, i was ussing MY TRAFFIC3d in p3d 2.2 but saw a few problem with fps with 2.2 then i install MY Traffic was ok , but you guys think i should install UT2 with p3d?\

I tried MyTraffic5.4b and UT2. Given a "comparable" amount of traffic, I found UT2 to be less hard on frames (and better configurable).

Kind regards, Michael

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

okay perfect thanks michael. then i give a try to UT2. i install it like in fsx + i put the line in the .cfg right?

Hi,

yes, you have to insert that line into prepar3d.cfg and either the services call into fsuipc4.ini or the corresponding entry

<Launch.Addon>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Name>UT2</Name>
    <Path>J:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Flight One Software\Ultimate Traffic 2\UT2Services.exe</Path>
    <NewConsole>True</NewConsole>
  </Launch.Addon>

into exe.xml (which i did). I installed it via the EMT, but it should work directly either.

Kind regards, Michael

AND the developers have also stated that they will NEVER support WIN 8!!!!!!!!!!!

Another reason to avoid any F1 purchases moving forward.

I do, even though they were always my go-to source for addons since I started simming again in 2001.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

Thanks Michael for the P3D installation tip. Worked just fine.

Regards,

JJ

MY path:

SimObjectPaths.9= C:\Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\UT2 Aircraft  ( Is it  OK?)

I have FSUICP , but  I can not locate the  FSUIPC4.ini . Where is hiding? :huh:

Ahmet Sanal

"Time you enjoyed wasting, was not wasted"