Sign in to follow this  
zinny

FSX Crash--DX10 Preview--nvwgf2um.dll error

I have been trying to get my system to run with DX10 Preview selected.

If preview is selected I can never get into the aircraft as it crashes on the initial screen or as it is going through loading to start the sim.

I have tried it with a virgin config.

Works perfect DX9

Event viewer shows  nvwgf2um.dll  error

Thanks to any that can help

Windows 7/64

Make sure you are not using the Beta NVidia drivers. If you tried to overclock or increase the voltage of your video card, then this error will occur. Why it happens in DX10 preview and not in DX9 is strange. Are you loading a DX10 compatible aircraft, scenery?

Best regards,

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello Jim

FSX stock Cessna

Orbx Global

No overclocking

Nvidia driver 311.06  ( I will have to look into this more)

Thank you

Your drivers are seriously outdated. We are already up to the 340 series!

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi there! I'm also having the same issues every time I close FSX. "Fatal Error..." and "FSX restarting" when I check events log it shows nvwgf2um.dll. Started to occur after I switch to DX10.

Addons installed before converting to DX10 and installing Steve's Fix.

FTX global & vector

REX overdrive

AS 2012

all stock aircraft

Can any one please help me with this It's too annoying.

And btw... I'm running 3 monitor setup (if this is a factor)

Computer Setup:

Asus Z97 Deluxe

i7 4790

16gig ram

Asus striker 4gig vga (not overclocked)

Try this fix - http://discuss.howtogeek.com/t/solved-ie-has-stopped-working-every-time-i-close-it/992. Might work with FSX too.

Best regards,

Submit News to AVSIM