Sign in to follow this  
FLighT01

32 or 64 bit

I just got round to starting to install XPlane-10 today.

I downloaded the latest installer from the XPlane website and inserted Disc 1 (of 8). When the initial Disc 1 installer opened the first screen I closed it and used the downloaded/extracted new installer from the XPlane website which opened up what appeared to be the same window. I followed the steps and at the start of install it never asked whether I wanted 32 or 64bit (I'm on W7-64)

I purchased XPlane 10 August 7, 2013, I can't tell what version I have so I'm not sure if the 64 bit option is in an update issued after my discs were printed or not.

Before I waste half a day installing all of XPlane only to find out I'm on the 32 bit version, can anyone advise me as to what they think the situation with my install is or what I'm not understanding. Thanks.

For the record the rig I'm installing this on: I7-2700 @ 4.6, 8GB Ram @ 1866, Nvidia GTX580 with 1.5GB memory, XPlane installed to it's own 600GB V-rap.

Frank L.T

When you install it, both versions are installed, and you'll find two executables, one named x-plane and the other x-plane ( 32 bit ).  You just have to choose which one you want to use, but since you're on a 64 bit OS, use the 64 bit version.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thank you. I just took a look at my discs and it says 10.2v2, so I do know what I've got. Doh!

Frank L.T

Make sure you use the Web installer, instead of starting the installation from the disks!!!

Get the Web installer from here: http://www.x-plane.com/downloads/x-plane_10_installer-updater/

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I have installed from the disc many times without any difficulty.  When you update, it fixes the problems, if any, anyway.

John

John Wingold