Sign in to follow this  
carlito777

A first glimpse at Prepar3d v2.3

The thread was actually intended to provide a quick heads-up on the first information on the Prepar3d v2.3 beta. Particularly on what Ken Hall writes regarding the performance of the update. Now it is getting one of those "Orbx is the devil"-threads. Come on. If you have a problem with Orbx then just don't buy their add-ons. Most serious simmers own FTX Global anyways. If you don't then you can not use add-ons designed for FTX Global. I don't see the problem there. Get over it...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

The thread was actually intended to provide a quick heads-up on the first information on the Prepar3d v2.3 beta. Particularly on what Ken Hall writes regarding the performance of the update. Now it is getting one of those "Orbx is the devil"-threads. Come on. If you have a problem with Orbx then just don't buy their add-ons. Most serious simmers own FTX Global anyways. If you don't then you can not use add-ons designed for FTX Global. I don't see the problem there. Get over it...

Well said! :)

+1

The troll posts aka spam aka off topic need to be split in to their own thread, best thing to do is PM a forum mod and ask that those posts get removed as it not fair they are trying to derail your thread in to a lets see who owns orbx scenery or not.

I am really looking forward to 2.3, it might not have new content which could upset some simmers but a performance update is just what we need and its a great time to do a performance patch :)

I really hope the performance in large urban area's has been fixed in 2.3.

-Paul-

Thank You very much for sharing this little info about P3D, 2.3 here, by linking to the dedicated ORBX site.

+1

Wow that's like saying "I'm, 40 years old, still a virgin and proud of it!".

I'm sure there are people out there still using FS98, and happy to stay with that. ;)

Seriously though, Orbx aren't forcing anyone to buy anything, they are not a big bad corporation, but they do make quality stuff.

I was kinda thinking the same thing...lol.....

Please keep in mind the is identified as "Early 2.3 Beta".

Cloud shadows impact performance much less now and I couldn't detect any performance difference using SGSS AA (better visually) vs. lesser quality AA.

I've reported some bugs I ran into, but just scratching the surface of testing right now.  

Orbx ObjectFlow DLLs don't work so they'll need to be updated (if Orbx haven't already done so).  

Pete Dawson is already on top of the new version with a new FSUIPC DLL that he has graciously provide to us beta testers - so far no issues there.

Here is a quick video I made using the F22 and Orbx FTX Global and Vector.  I used the F22 because I wanted to stress performance and stutters and vsync ... also ran cloud shadows for both dusk and day.  (video will eventually be available in 1440p if you wait about 30min - 60min published (1:34 AM PT ... yeah I'm off to bed now).  Lots more testing to come over the weekend, including working of a "base v2.2 to v2.3" to see how that performs.

There are NO tweaks in my Prepar3D.cfg (confirmed that all cores are being used).  Testing with and without nVidia Inspector and no difference in performance other than being able to get better SGSS AA.

Cheers, Rob.

Thanks for the insight and vid on 2.3 Rob :)

Hopefully it wont be to long for it to be released.

-Paul-

@Rob: Any noticeable improvement on the micro stutters? Of course, keeping in mind that it is only an early beta...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Surely all that  OBYX is saying about P3D v2.3 is "I wanted to see how the cloud shadows performed in the new P3DV2.3. beta."

Thanks, Rob, for the video (including the fps counter).

It is good news if the impact of cloudshadows is reduced and especially the impact of clouds between the user and the sun (which has a really big impact on my system).

Water does look much better to me as in the default 2.2 version. Rob: Do you use any addon for that (like REX?).

IXEG 737 Beta-Tester and First Officer

i7 6700K@4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, Palit GTX 1080 GameRock Premium@2Ghz, Oculus Rift S, ButtKicker
X-Plane 11 latedt version on a Samsung M.2 SSD for speedy loading times

Hi Rob

Thank you for the heads up on this  .....

You can visually see the picture 'pulling' sadly ..... but is that caused by the uploading of the video?

Is it smooth without stutters directly on your system?

Cheers Rob

Paul

Wow that's like saying "I'm, 40 years old, still a virgin and proud of it!".

I'm sure there are people out there still using FS98, and happy to stay with that. ;)

Seriously though, Orbx aren't forcing anyone to buy anything, they are not a big bad corporation, but they do make quality stuff.

You might want to learn the concept of 'context'. The posts before mine seem to believe that everyone has something from OrbX installed. I was just pointing out that's not a safe assumption. No more, no less.

ORBX does not make ASN, HIFI does

When is v2.3 due?

Yeah, my bad...

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Hope they've sorted their installer and given us the option to extract cab files to somewhere other than the OS drive.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Thanks for the video Rob, it's great they're optimising cloud shadows. Have they made any improvements to the buildings autogen system?

As for Papua New Guinea, I think it would sell more if they offered it as a separate region because not everyone has FTX Global, unless this is a tactic to get more people buy FTX Global.

Great video Rob - but thinking the water has not changed - doesn't look any different - that would be a major upgrade I would assume

Rich Sennett